Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help Me With A Treble Bleed Mod

Hi guys,

I recently got a new Mayones Regius 6 guitar. I noticed a bit of muddiness when rolling back my volume control so I took a look inside the cavity at the back and I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a treble bleed mod.

I have posted some pictures here (I don't want to post them directly here as they are quite large so you can see all the details). I would be grateful if someone could take a look and advise me if it does or doesn't have a treble bleed mod already.

Could you also advise me where the solder the cap? As far as I am aware it is would go on where the two orange wires are on the volume control but i am not very technically minded so I would like some confirmation.

More pictures here.

I always install a 330pf cap and I have taken a picture of the cap I'm using. I like it to get quite trebly when I roll back the volume.

Just one more question - will this effect my guitar tone when I have the volume control up full? Some people say it does and some say it doesn't.
    Last edited by bingefeller; 06-22-2013, 09:08 AM.

Re: Please Help Me With A Treble Bleed Mod

This is the best information I've seen on the topic, including all the comments section:
    http://guitarnuts2.proboards.com/thread/5317

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
      This is the best information I've seen on the topic, including all the comments section:
      http://guitarnuts2.proboards.com/thread/5317
      thanks for the link. I have read up on treble bleeds but that doesn't answer my question.

Comment

I've gotten a few guitars that come stock with a treble bleed. They were just a cap on the volume pot lugs between the lug for the hot from pup and the middle lug for the output from the pot. Don't remember the value of the cap, but that was how it was wired. It didn't suit my style so I took them out, but I can see where they would be functional.

Sent from my armored space station using Tapatalk on iPad

Comment

Originally posted by bingefeller View Post
          thanks for the link. I have read up on treble bleeds but that doesn't answer my question.
          You asked where to solder the caps. That is answered in the first diagram of link I posted.
          You asked if it will affect the guitar tone with the volume up. That was answered in the first sentence of the link I posted.

The only question not answered was whether your current guitar has a treble bleed installed. I didn't see anything that looked like a treble bleed in the photos (I did see a strange pair of caps in series on the tone control; not sure what that's about); but moreover just playing the guitar and turning the volume down as you play would tell you right away.

Comment

No, your guitar doesn't have a treble bleed mod.
            Yes, it would go between the first two lugs on the vol pot (where the two orange wires are attached).
            No. it won't noticeably affect the tone when your vol pot is full on.
            Originally Posted by IanBallard
            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
              No, your guitar doesn't have a treble bleed mod.
              Yes, it would go between the first two lugs on the vol pot (where the two orange wires are attached).
              No. it won't noticeably affect the tone when your vol pot is full on.
              Thank you!

Comment

Working...
              X