Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A3/UOA5 getting close...

Just need to solder and string!

This should add a little spice to particularly bland set of Dean pups. Note that they no longer say Dean on them... Ceramic Stove Polish ROCKED!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0336.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	5828880

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0337.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	5828881
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Re: A3/UOA5 getting close...

UOa5 get's my vote. Just put one in the bridge of a Seth and really prefer it over the A2. Retain's most of a 2's character but add's some A5 firmness to low end.And handles gain very differently .

Comment

Congrats on the mag swapping!
      "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
      "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
      "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Hey - I've been doing my reading. The pickups in there are pretty much a pair of generic A5's and maybe a touch harsh. My expectations:

Little more mid and little rounder top in the bridge. Maybe a bit of "vintage" feel 59

Neck will push the mids and round the high with a lot more vintage feel, but tighter than an A2P, say.

SO basically push an A2P and a 59 sort of towards the middle. Nice balanced classic feel. But we'll see...

Maybe some ironing tomorrow.

Comment

So, put it together and let us know how close that comes to your expectations.

By the way, nice looking guitar. I'm really getting to like yellow and green as colors for guitars lately.
          Originally Posted by IanBallard
          Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
            Hey - I've been doing my reading. The pickups in there are pretty much a pair of generic A5's and maybe a touch harsh. My expectations:

Little more mid and little rounder top in the bridge. Maybe a bit of "vintage" feel 59

Neck will push the mids and round the high with a lot more vintage feel, but tighter than an A2P, say.

SO basically push an A2P and a 59 sort of towards the middle. Nice balanced classic feel. But we'll see...

Maybe some ironing tomorrow.
            You've never said what DC reading had those two... anyway, in the "Vintage Whisperer™" mag combo can make even the dreaded 490R/498T sound passable (some would even say "decent"), I guess you may be optimist 'bout the outcome.

HTH,

Comment

So I have almost got this beast running.

Bottom line; Sounds fantastic.

The bridge is very even, pushing a little volume, but not in a harsh way. The neck is just fantastic. The two pups give very similar sounds overall, except for neck/bridge flavorings. Very pleased with the outcome.

The UA05 seems almost like an A8 light...or vintage A8 maybe?

The A3 is just fantastic, IMO. I'm not intimately familiar with Seth's, but dang the neck is even and toneful even in this crap eli. A very pleasing neck sound. I'm wondering what an A3 PG might be like?!?!?!

Now to get the wires tight....

Comment

A3 and A4 are great in the neck. I usually can get good results with them.

Bridge pickups I can really throw any magnet into, but probably my least favorite is the A5. The only bridge pickup I have that is riding a solo A5 mag is a stock JB (because it works).

Comment

Working...
                X