banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Winter owner.... Feedback so far????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Black Winter owner.... Feedback so far????

Originally posted by orpheo View Post
    why do those guys use those unique, weird amps? Not everybody has those amps, but the recto or JCM800 is much more common.
    Unique? Its a standard production Randall? Can be bought new on the street for 800 bucks. Much less than you will pay for a Recto or JCM800 reissue. Sure maybe a recto or 800 are more common but only because they have been made for 20 or more years. I prefer a demo without pedals anyways and he would have needed a pedal or 2 for the 800 to get that one and probably a boost for the recto.
    "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
    you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Looks like I found the pickups for my Les Paul Custom

Also...about the amp...wasn't that a Randall demo??

Anyway...awesome video.
      For the record, Lucy Diamond is a stage name and a movie reference and I'm a guy.

Also, the Dimarzio PAF Pros that came in my 1991 Blue Floral Ibanez Jem are some of the best paperweights ever made.

What are you doing right now? Thread.

Follow me on Instagram: @LucyDiamond777

Comment

where? where can you get that and don't say 'guitar center' or 'sam ash' or 'sweetwater' cause we don't have those guys here, or other countries than the USA. Really guys... if you would've seen what's underneath my name it would have said: The Hague, NETHERLANDS. I live in the Netherlands and Randall is really, really hard to come by nowadays. it's a lot of marshall, fender, vox, mesa, peavey....roland cubes of course.

Comment

Originally posted by vinta9e View Post
          Gibsons are more common than Warmoths, you know... So what?

To be honest with you, in terms of definition, neither a recto nor a marshall could touch this, IMO.
          that would make totally sense if I were to make a gazillion clips with my warmoths.

but I don't.

so it makes no sense

Comment

I know, I figured that. I wasn't mocking you. I misunderstood what you said by "unique and weird", because we do have a lot of choices here. But I do know this, I have owned a bunch of middle of the road amps, including Peavey and Marshall and I always was able to get a good sound. Right now I own a Peavey 6505 and it sounds really good for metal.
            I know those demos are misleading. Guys like Ola and Keith are not human. Still for the life of me I can't figure out how Ola can get every amp/guitar/speaker combination to sound EXACTLY THE SAME. Anyway, I get your point. If I'm not mistaken, the guy in the video, Jason Frankhouser is employed by Randall and Duncan, or at least he's paid to demo their products, so if he is getting $$$ to do those demos, they are going to sound top notch.
            where? where can you get that and don't say 'guitar center' or 'sam ash' or 'sweetwater' cause we don't have those guys here, or other countries than the USA. Really guys... if you would've seen what's underneath my name it would have said: The Hague, NETHERLANDS. I live in the Netherlands and Randall is really, really hard to come by nowadays. it's a lot of marshall, fender, vox, mesa, peavey....roland cubes of course.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFanatic View Post
              Still for the life of me I can't figure out how Ola can get every amp/guitar/speaker combination to sound EXACTLY THE SAME.
              It's in the micing/cabinet recording. I can run all sorts of different preamps through my computer through a certain cabinet IR and they all sound about the same.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
              @ArizonaVoters

Comment

why do those guys use those unique, weird amps? Not everybody has those amps, but the recto or JCM800 is much more common.
                I agree with you there. My pickup sounds better than the black winter, but that maybe because I'm playing the Marshall TSL100 .... So hmmmmmmmm
                DARK ORDER - 'Cold war of the Condor', 'The Violence Continuum' & '5000 Years of Violence' available now.... www.darkorder.com.au

sigpic

"A true Metal-head displays from the heart alone, not by what image is portrayed. For many are around the well, but none are in the spring"

"War is the failure of the human spirit" - A.J.P. Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by dominus View Post
                  It's in the micing/cabinet recording. I can run all sorts of different preamps through my computer through a certain cabinet IR and they all sound about the same.
                  I don't know crap about recording, I'll take your word for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Order Lord View Post
                    sounds better
                    These two words pretty much rule anything you say about tone invalid, to many, many people.

Just FYI.
                    My Blog: thisismyhatnow.blogspot.com

Originally posted by kevlar3000
                    The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
                    Originally posted by CTN
                    I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
                    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Comment

Originally posted by youngthrasher9 View Post
                      These two words pretty much rule anything you say about tone invalid, to many, many people.

Just FYI.
                      A challenge is it??? Well, then I'll just have to buy a Black Winter and do a comparison with the Tyrannotitan... or then just watch my video and compare the tone to his video and judge for yourself. But if thats your judgment on my opinion of tone between these two pickups, then so be it... its your right to have an opinion.

To me your reaction is a great demonstration of short fall of knowledge in regards to these two pickups. I'm super happy with my tone, and I have already heard a Black Winter through my amp loud next my custom shop SD, with MY OWN EARS, and I still think from that added fact the TT is better than the BW.

No where have I gone around this forum, like a lot of Alnico8 lovers, telling people in a serious manner to dump their pickup and buy my custom shop pickup, and if you can find a post of mine like that (and I bet you will), and you think it's not is jest, than thats NOT MY PROBLEM IS IT?

I really like that video from that Killertonetexas dude, and IT, not you, wants to make at least give the Black Winter a go, and like most pickups I try, its in my guitar for about 30 minutes, then I go back to what I prefer, then I sell the pickup to mate or someone online and life goes on.

To each their own in regards to tone, and my previous post was me vocalising a question whether its the pickups sounding better, or, is it THE AMPS and thats why the I like Marshall TSL100 above most amps, except for a Mesa Boogie MarkIV or Mark V... and so what... I hate fizzy and fuzzy amps like EVH5150 and Engles.

My latest video was purposely done without miking up the cabinet with a sm57 to show everyone the rawest and worst version of the sound without polishing it up, cause my main issue with youtube is that you hear pickups, like the BKP ceramic PainKiller in my favourite video from a youtube user named Firejack81 and that video made my mind up to buy a PAINKILLER and thought that its was the sound I was looking for. Turns out that when I installed it, it shocked me with its stringy-ness and hollowness, I puked and put my Sh6 back in. The same senario happened with when I purchased a BKP Aftermath.

So I make the judgement based on my experience thus far, and the added evidence of those the two videos, mine and that Killertonetexas dudes, using head phones, and I still think that my TT sounds better than the BW. The ultimate test is to buy one and whack in my guitar. I'm sure that the TexasTone dude is super happy with his sound, and thats ALL that matters at the end of the day.

So dude, put your money where your mouth is.... I do.
                      Last edited by Dark Order Lord; 09-21-2013, 10:33 PM.
                      DARK ORDER - 'Cold war of the Condor', 'The Violence Continuum' & '5000 Years of Violence' available now.... www.darkorder.com.au

sigpic

"A true Metal-head displays from the heart alone, not by what image is portrayed. For many are around the well, but none are in the spring"

"War is the failure of the human spirit" - A.J.P. Taylor

Comment

A challenge is it??? Well, then I'll just have to buy a Black Winter and do a comparison with the Tyrannotitan... or then just watch my video and compare the tone to his video and judge for yourself. But if thats your judgment on my opinion of tone between these two pickups, then so be it... its your right to have an opinion.

To me your reaction is a great demonstration of short fall of knowledge in regards to these two pickups. I'm super happy with my tone, and I have already heard a Black Winter through my amp loud next my custom shop SD, with MY OWN EARS, and I still think from that added fact the TT is better than the BW.

No where have I gone around this forum, like a lot of Alnico8 lovers, telling people in a serious manner to dump their pickup and buy my custom shop pickup, and if you can find a post of mine like that (and I bet you will), and you think it's not is jest, than thats NOT MY PROBLEM IS IT?

I really like that video from that Killertonetexas dude, and IT, not you, wants to make at least give the Black Winter a go, and like most pickups I try, its in my guitar for about 30 minutes, then I go back to what I prefer, then I sell the pickup to mate or someone online and life goes on.

To each their own in regards to tone, and my previous post was me vocalising a question whether its the pickups sounding better, or, is it THE AMPS and thats why the I like Marshall TSL100 above most amps, except for a Mesa Boogie MarkIV or Mark V... and so what... I hate fizzy and fuzzy amps like EVH5150 and Engles.

My latest video was purposely done without miking up the cabinet with a sm57 to show everyone the rawest and worst version of the sound without polishing it up, cause my main issue with youtube is that you hear pickups, like the BKP ceramic PainKiller in my favourite video from a youtube user named Firejack81 and that video made my mind up to buy a PAINKILLER and thought that its was the sound I was looking for. Turns out that when I installed it, it shocked me with its stringy-ness and hollowness, I puked and put my Sh6 back in. The same senario happened with when I purchased a BKP Aftermath.

So I make the judgement based on my experience thus far, and the added evidence of those the two videos, mine and that Killertonetexas dudes, using head phones, and I still think that my TT sounds better than the BW. The ultimate test is to buy one and whack in my guitar. I'm sure that the TexasTone dude is super happy with his sound, and thats ALL that matters at the end of the day.

How much does the TT cost? I might want to give it a go, it seems like a better fit for me than BW.

Comment

WTH.

I'm just saying people tend to stop paying attention if someone says something based on their opinion like it's fact.

I wasn't saying anything about the difference in pickups. I wasn't challenging you. I was just saying you could sound more objective if you say "I just prefer the tone of the TT" instead of "the TT sounds better"

The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
                          Originally posted by CTN
                          I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
                          FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Comment

In so many words, I was saying your choice of words can make a huge difference to someone reading. I'm saying tone is not a universally better or worse thing, and that should IMO be considered when posting.
                            Last edited by youngthrasher9; 09-22-2013, 12:39 AM.

Originally posted by CTN

Comment

Seriously, I'm not taking a cyber crap on your pickup. Sorry if I came off like that.

Originally posted by CTN

Comment

You know you need to calm down when you respond to a one-sentence post with a seven-paragraph post.

Do people seriously just skim over criticising posts once then type away? Criticism you usually have to read over very carefully. In this case, it was pretty apparent youngthrasher9 was criticising the choice of words used to describe tone, rather than critiquing the tone itself.

Comment

Working...
                                X