banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Winter owner.... Feedback so far????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Black Winter owner.... Feedback so far????

Originally posted by orpheo View Post
    where? where can you get that and don't say 'guitar center' or 'sam ash' or 'sweetwater' cause we don't have those guys here, or other countries than the USA. Really guys... if you would've seen what's underneath my name it would have said: The Hague, NETHERLANDS. I live in the Netherlands and Randall is really, really hard to come by nowadays. it's a lot of marshall, fender, vox, mesa, peavey....roland cubes of course.
    I dont live in the US either so dont pull that hooey on me. Drive 2 hours to Germany and you can buy Randall easily. You seem to think that people should only do demos based on gear thats available to you? Never mind your notorious for sourcing gear outside of Holland in the US so whats the problem? You can buy over 30 Warmoths from the US but 1 amp is too much?
    "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
    you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Originally posted by Dahla View Post
      How much does the TT cost? I might want to give it a go, it seems like a better fit for me than BW.
      You'll have to email MJ and ask how much is pickup order #188575, thats my pickup #. I'm pretty sure it will be the standard charge thats on the custom shop page, being $160 plus shipping.
      DARK ORDER - 'Cold war of the Condor', 'The Violence Continuum' & '5000 Years of Violence' available now.... www.darkorder.com.au

sigpic

"A true Metal-head displays from the heart alone, not by what image is portrayed. For many are around the well, but none are in the spring"

"War is the failure of the human spirit" - A.J.P. Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by youngthrasher9 View Post
        Seriously, I'm not taking a cyber crap on your pickup. Sorry if I came off like that.
        No worries mate, its all good, good to see your passionate about tone, and I'm sure you'd show me a thing or two, cause we're always learning something. Everyone here who likes Alnico8's have got me thinking to get MJ to make me a pickup with one, and if I don't like it I sell it to someone here!
        Last edited by Dark Order Lord; 09-22-2013, 06:22 AM.
        DARK ORDER - 'Cold war of the Condor', 'The Violence Continuum' & '5000 Years of Violence' available now.... www.darkorder.com.au

sigpic

"A true Metal-head displays from the heart alone, not by what image is portrayed. For many are around the well, but none are in the spring"

"War is the failure of the human spirit" - A.J.P. Taylor

Comment

How would the Black Vinter sound in a Basswood Ibanez RG Prestige tuned to E or Eb? I'm currently loving my TB6 to pieces but I'm thinking it will be too bright for, uh, uptuning.

Comment

I'm thinking of throwing a set in my 91 Gibson Explorer, downtuned to D for sludge metal.
            Vocalist/Guitarist of Megaton, a Stoner/Sludge Metal band
            www.soundcloud.com/megatonomaha
            www,facebook.com/megatonomaha
            www.reverbnation.com/megatonomaha

Comment

Originally posted by p4vl View Post
              How would the Black Vinter sound in a Basswood Ibanez RG Prestige tuned to E or Eb? I'm currently loving my TB6 to pieces but I'm thinking it will be too bright for, uh, uptuning.
              I should have a set to test in my Ibanez in a week or so. I'll post feedback here, and there will be a review sooner or later on the Duncan blog too.
              http://www.lonephantom.com
              http://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/author/stephen/

Comment

Originally posted by stevesmith1987 View Post
                I'm thinking of throwing a set in my 91 Gibson Explorer, downtuned to D for sludge metal.
                Do you like a lot of low mids?
                Wanted: 1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Serial Number 82232531.

Comment

I'll be looking forward to that, since I have a RG320 that needs something other the cheap stock pups.

Comment

Originally posted by Gone_Shootin View Post
                    Do you like a lot of low mids?
                    I believe that is what I'm looking for. Right now I'm using a Jb/jazz set in the explorer (although the jazz is actually a bridge not a neck pup).

Comment

I believe that is what I'm looking for. Right now I'm using a Jb/jazz set in the explorer (although the jazz is actually a bridge not a neck pup).
                      Well, that's what you'll have. A lot, and I mean a lot of low mids. That's why I took my Black Winter set out of my Explorer.

Comment

Do it man!!

Pull the trigger!!

The matched set will blow you away.
                        For the record, Lucy Diamond is a stage name and a movie reference and I'm a guy.

Also, the Dimarzio PAF Pros that came in my 1991 Blue Floral Ibanez Jem are some of the best paperweights ever made.

What are you doing right now? Thread.

Follow me on Instagram: @LucyDiamond777

Comment

Thanks guys, got a set ordered. I'll report back when I get em!

Comment

Thanks guys, got a set ordered. I'll report back when I get em!
                            Yessssssssssssss!!!!!

\m/,
                            For the record, Lucy Diamond is a stage name and a movie reference and I'm a guy.

Also, the Dimarzio PAF Pros that came in my 1991 Blue Floral Ibanez Jem are some of the best paperweights ever made.

What are you doing right now? Thread.

Follow me on Instagram: @LucyDiamond777

Comment

MORE REVIEWS!

Comment

*disclaimer* I like bright, however I think I might be going deaf, or at least I can't hear the high end frequencies as well.

I just put a 1meg volume pot on mine. I think it sounds better than ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X