No announcement yet.

Sooo many pickups, only one Strat...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sooo many pickups, only one Strat...

You're just gonna have to get more Strats,sorry...
    "Scalloped & Stickered"
    A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

Originally posted by Rand-O-Monium View Post
      You're just gonna have to get more Strats,sorry...
      Ahhhh!! No more guitars for me!! lol

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
      Keep the 250k pots.
      Awseome! I did, thanks!

Originally posted by Dreezy2250 View Post
      If i get the STK-S6 in the bridge (which is essentially a noiseless type of pickup), will I have to change my volume pot to 500k? Or can i keep the 250k pot?

Also, IF i wanted to change out the neck and middle pickups, what would be good neck and middle pickups (noiseless) that would compliment the STK-S6 in the bridge?
      Ok so the STK-S6 in the bridge sounds really good!! It's not really sounding good with the stock pickups. I got this guitar used a while back and im starting to think it was modded. The 'stock' single coil pickups don't have any markings on them at all that they are fender. There's not even any kind of serial number on the bottom of the pickups. Either way, I wanna put noiseless pickups in the neck and middle.

Anyone have experience with the Vintage Hot Stack Plus STK-S7 in the neck and a Stack Plus STK-S4 in the middle along with the Custom Stack Plus STK-S6 in the bridge? Or maybe both STK-S7's in the middle and neck or both STK-S4's in the middle and neck? Or maybe another?

Comment

I have a guitar with STK-S4/4/6. I love it, it's my favourite guitar. That's what's in the comfortably numb solo above.

To me, the point of the STK-S7 is to use it as a bridge pickup with two STK-S4s and have them all equal in volume and tone.

Here's a video with 4's in the neck and middle. You can ignore the sounds with the bridge though, as it's a 7. But it should give you some idea of the sounds. Once you're bored of the clean tone you can skip to about 3:30 to get to the dirty tone.

Comment

Originally posted by jumble jumble View Post
          I have a guitar with STK-S4/4/6. I love it, it's my favourite guitar. That's what's in the comfortably numb solo above.

To me, the point of the STK-S7 is to use it as a bridge pickup with two STK-S4s and have them all equal in volume and tone.

Here's a video with 4's in the neck and middle. You can ignore the sounds with the bridge though, as it's a 7. But it should give you some idea of the sounds. Once you're bored of the clean tone you can skip to about 3:30 to get to the dirty tone.

Wow, thanks man!! That was really helpful!

Comment

Sooo many pickups, only one Strat...
            Errr. I see an obvious solution here.

Comment

Working...
            X