banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone use the Five Two Custom Strat Bridge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use the Five Two Custom Strat Bridge?

I'm digging the Antiquity Surfer neck and middle, along with a Surfer Custom bridge, but I've been wondering about having a heavier sounding hot vintage bridge. I've already tried the Antiquity I Custom bridge and there was something about it that didn't make me fall in love with it.
    Can anyone compare the Antiquity strat bridges to the Five Two Custom bridge?
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Re: Anyone use the Five Two Custom Strat Bridge?

I have a five-two strat bridge in the neck position of my tele and I *love* it!
    I can't testify about it's use in the bridge position, but its an underatted pickup imho. I'm surprised that the five two is not discussed more in this forum. Its really a great, very versatile pickup.
    Gibson LP Melody Maker -- stock, Epiphone Dot -- Jazz neck and '59 bridge, Fender Telecaster Blackout Deluxe -- stock, 90's MIM Standard Strat with Duncan Texas Hot Custom in the bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
      I'm digging the Antiquity Surfer neck and middle, along with a Surfer Custom bridge, but I've been wondering about having a heavier sounding hot vintage bridge. I've already tried the Antiquity I Custom bridge and there was something about it that didn't make me fall in love with it.
      Can anyone compare the Antiquity strat bridges to the Five Two Custom bridge?
      I have tried it, and don't think it is what you are looking for. I use and highly recommened the Duncan SSL-6 for the bridge of a Strat.

Comment

I tried doing a forum search and the words are so common that the search function is useless....five two custom strat bridge Every thread has those words!
        I'll read up on the SSL-6, Stratcat.
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
          I tried doing a forum search and the words are so common that the search function is useless....five two custom strat bridge Every thread has those words!
          I'll read up on the SSL-6, Stratcat.
          Have you tried 52? I did the same thing and there isn't much talk about this pickup...
          Gibson LP Melody Maker -- stock, Epiphone Dot -- Jazz neck and '59 bridge, Fender Telecaster Blackout Deluxe -- stock, 90's MIM Standard Strat with Duncan Texas Hot Custom in the bridge.

Comment

maybe Twangbanger?.....i love mine, does a good job for stuff like page and clapton
            http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
            >cord<
            1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

Working...
            X