Neck pickup to match with bridge Invader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck pickup to match with bridge Invader

Going directly against my other thread (downsizing to upgrade) in present this thread:

I've got enough parts to build a Strat style guitar, in fact I have everything including the pickguard and bridge Invader... I just need to acquire a neck humbucker to complete the parts list. The pickguard is H-H with one volume knob (a push-pull) and it'll be wired with Lynch style pickup switching. (Down=bridge, up=neck, no tone control). It's a hardtail, maple/maple neck and alder body. I'll be using this guitar for riffy punk/hard rock/metal style stuff, just fun power chord bashing and the like. I went with the Invader for the big thick bridge tone and I need a neck HB to match.

I'm thinking I'll use the neck pickup for clean parts (Metallica in MoP, Call of the Kthulu, One) and distorted neck leads. Originally I was thinking a neck Invader (possibly wired in parallel permanently) to keep the visual commonality, however now I'm wondering about different options.

Jazz? Distortion Neck? The 59 is a bit bassy and the mids might be a touch scooped. So I'm looking for suggestions!
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Re: Neck pickup to match with bridge Invader

Please define "match" in your opinion; Compliment, Same As, power = , tone =?????
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Probably the most important thing would be balanced in output (so that switching from bridge to neck doesn't completely drop out). Pretty "flat" tone, I mentioned the clean tones in earlier Metallica albums.

Using the 59 as a point of reference, I'd like a little more mids and a little less bass than the 59. I'm still thinking A5 for the crisper, more immediate attack, maybe even Ceramic.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Try out the Full Shred Neck. I've had a Invader and Full Shred Neck to review in my Ibanez RG 450LTD, and the Full Shred Neck is perfect for what you want.
        http://www.lonephantom.com
        http://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/author/stephen/

Comment

Cool, thanks.
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I have invader bridge installed in my squier showmaster along with full shred in neck n trust me it's an amazing combo....

Comment

Installed a Full Shred neck on a LP this week, to replace a Jazz, which replaced a 496T Gibson ceramic. Finally satisfied with balanced tone through the mids. It is less boomy than either of the 2 in this guitar prior, and that is brought in and out as desired now with spin-a-split. Will be wiring up with de-mud mod soon.

Comment

I used to run the Invader with the Stagmag in the neck....Woodie from COC and the guys from Ghoul run the Invader with a PG neck....I think the Demon would work well with the Invader also....

Comment

pearly gates bridge on the neck, cool thing, and what you describe, well basically, has more upper mids, the bass is not lesser but not boomy, its tight and has a lot of highs

Comment

Working...
                  X