Goth Explorer volume help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goth Explorer volume help

I just replaced the pickups in my Epiphone Goth Explorer with a Dimebucker and a '59 in the neck. My problem is, while I get full volume from my pickups just fine, the volume will not roll back on either pickup at all. There's no tone loss or decrease in volume at all, they're both just going full blast. I followed the wiring diagram to the T, and it all looks halfway decent, but I want to get this fixed without having to shell out more money to have someone else fix it for me. Any help is appreciated.
    "I bow to no man, god, or demon, but if you are worthy of my respect, you shall have it.'
    -Anonymous

Re: Goth Explorer volume help

please provide pictures of the control cavity so we can better assist you.

Comment

Did you ground the 3rd lug of the volume pots?

Comment

Messy, but that's ow it was when I opened it up the first time, too.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0305[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	5769171
        "I bow to no man, god, or demon, but if you are worthy of my respect, you shall have it.'
        -Anonymous

Comment

The photo would be more helpful if the wires were pulled up out of the way so we could see the connections. We don't want to see how "pretty" your control cavity is, we need to see the connections (including grounds).
          Originally Posted by IanBallard
          Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by PizzaBoiUSMC View Post
            Messy, but that's ow it was when I opened it up the first time, too.
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]44080[/ATTACH]
            I don't know what diagram you were following, but I'm comparing with this schematic

...and I don't see a tone cap in your wiring at all and it looks like red/white wires are soldered to pot lugs while black wires are soldered to the backs of the pots. The wiring looks all messed up to me, but you'd have to slip the pots and wires out of the guitar cavity and separate things out so people can see which wires are actually going where.

Comment

To me it also looks like the wires coming from the switch are on the outer lug and at least the 59 (can't see the other Hum's conductors clearly) is on the inner lug.

Comment

Doesn't look like you followed the correct diagram (if you indeed followed one).

It looks like someone just randomly started soldering wires to wherever they wanted without consideration to where they should go.

Is this the diagram you followed?

Try that. It should get things up and running correctly.
                Originally Posted by IanBallard
                Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
                X