ibanez rgt with 1 volume 1 tone 5 way switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ibanez rgt with 1 volume 1 tone 5 way switch

Hi everyone. I need help with a wiring problem I am having. I am relatively new on wiring not a pro or anything and need help with wiring my invader and shredder into my guitar. I have a ibanez rgt with 1 volume, 1 tone, and 5 way switch. i can't seem to get the wiring where the pickups work in all positions on my switch. So far all I got working was the neck, neck and bridge, and finally bridge. When switching I hit dead spots. I can't for the life of me find the right diagram. Could anyone please help? Thanks in advance I know somone knows how to wire and I'm sorry if I seem like a total noob cuz I am.

Re: ibanez rgt with 1 volume 1 tone 5 way switch

Is it the 5 way switch that goes form NECK ( FUll Humbucking), Neck (Parallel), Neck and bridge, Neck and bridge split , Bridge full humbucking? That switch has a diff internal circuit. Hang on for a while I had the same issue and there are several thread on this. The search function is down. If I cant find the thread I will send you a personal message. I got it saved there form a forum bro
    sigpic
    Ibanez SA 120- Bridge JB Trembucker Neck Jazz
    JFG Flying V,
    "If you hear something you're unable to play, then you have room to grow."-Al Di Meola
    John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Comment

The stock should bewired like this
      LUG 1 RED (bridge)
      LUG 2&7 are connected with a wire
      LUG 3 BLUE (NECK)
      LUG 4 volume pot
      LUG 5 white and black (bridge)
      Lug 6ground
      Lug 7 Black (neck)
      Lug 8 White (NECK)

banez Blue= Duncan Green
      " white = Duncan red
      " black= Duncan white
      " RED = Duncan BLACK

I am supposing your putting the INVADER in the Bridge So
      lug one is DUNCAN INVADER BLACK
      LUG 5 is Invader RED & WHITE
      INVADER GREEN AND BARE GO TO GROUND

NECK PICKup
      LUG 3 DUNCAN BLACK
      LUG 7 Duncan RED
      Lug 8 Duncan WHITE

Green and Bare go to ground

Check these 2 threads Artie has given good diagrams

Hope that helps
      sigpic
      JFG Flying V,
      "If you hear something you're unable to play, then you have room to grow."-Al Di Meola

Comment

thanks alot i will definitely try this out. if i decide to go the lazy route ill probably just buy the three way switch and quit bashing my head on how to wire it. thanks again.

Comment

Don't do that!! I too had thought of doing that at first. But that Ibanez Switch gives you real cool tones. I love the tones I get from the notch positions 2 and 4. I don't know how it would sound with the Invader and Full Shred. But It should work really well. Do check the links they have the diagrams, and make everything I said simple.
          sigpic
          JFG Flying V,

Comment

Working...
          X