banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Antiquity II (Tele) Neck pickup cover material?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antiquity II (Tele) Neck pickup cover material?

Hi, Does anyone know what material they use for the neck pickup cover on the antiquity II. I'm finding it a bit too dark and muffled compared to the bridge. If it's brass I was thinking about trying a nickel cover to see if it helps.

Re: Antiquity II (Tele) Neck pickup cover material?

It should be chromed brass...a nickel silver cover would open up the top end a good bit.
    Last edited by the guy who invented fire; 07-06-2013, 07:48 AM.
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Antiquity II Tele neck.

That reminds me to ask, and I think it might be related to your question - how do I tell Ant 1 from Ant 2 for Telecaster neck pickups? The bridge is easy, but the neck?

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
        It should be chromed brass...a nickel silver cover would open up the top end a good bit.
        Looks like it's trying out a nickel cover out then. I really like the response and feel and wouldn't normally worry too much but a bit more top end would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by uOpt View Post
          Antiquity II Tele neck.

That reminds me to ask, and I think it might be related to your question - how do I tell Ant 1 from Ant 2 for Telecaster neck pickups? The bridge is easy, but the neck?
          I haven't seen the Ant 1, but the Ant 2 has nothing on it that says it's the Ant II other than the box it came with. I wouldn't be surprised if they're exactly the same pickup.

Comment

To hijack this thread...

Anyone know if the Antiquity I neck pickups have chrome/brass covers or nickel/silver?

Comment

Should be chromed brass as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Working...
              X