A8 in Screamin Demon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A8 in Screamin Demon

I was wondering what an A8 in a Screamin Demon would do to its tone in general

Cheers
    -IM

Re: A8 in Screamin Demon

Big tight bass, more mids, more output. Would help the Demon more closely to live up to its name.
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
      Big tight bass, more mids, more output. Would help the Demon more closely to live up to its name.
      An A8 is definitely a good idea. There's been some funny nicknames here over the years for the 'Screamin' Demon'; I remember one had the word 'chirping' in it.
      "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
      "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
      "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Don't get me wrong...I love the Demon as a neck pup. It is great in that position, one of my favorites. It just doesn't seem like the name aptly applies. An A8 may actually make it sound like a "Screamin Demon".

Comment

It's the only humbucker I thought A8 particularly sounded good in; makes it real aggressive, like something wound real hot, but with better clarity.

Comment

Thanks for the replies gentlemen Thats kind of what i thought. Well i am convinced. I still have yet to own a Gibson (im an Ibanez guy) and ive always wanted a V or Explorer. Would be a hard rock guitar prolly in D standard. Was thinking A8 demon bridge and A4 Demon neck or an Air Norton. Ive never played a Demon but i will prol try it stock then do the A4 switchover

I think the A8 sounds like a must for what i want

Ya im not a fan of Gibson PU's.

Thank you
            -IM

Comment

Originally posted by lemonman View Post
              It's the only humbucker I thought A8 particularly sounded good in; makes it real aggressive, like something wound real hot, but with better clarity.
              My findings exactly. The 'Demon8 is up there with the Custom8 IMO. Now, if you REALLY want to turn up the heat.....take a Demon8 and overwind it or get the OG El Diablo.

Comment

I love the stock A5 Chirping Demon.

An A8 magnet adds a lot of nice things to it. Had an A8 in it for a good while.
                More thickness, more mids, more output but it retains the clarity and the character. Leads sounded thicker too.

I'm not sure why I don't have it there anymore, I should think about it. I guess I prefer the clarity and definition over everything else.

I really liked the Demon with an Unoriented A5 magnet too. Really weak but it was just nice.
                Nothing screamy about it like that, but it just had a nice, warm and clear sound.
                Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
                Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
                Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
                Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

The Demon is obviously a very versatile pup and successfully lends itself to many mods (mag swaps and hybrids).

Comment

The Demon is obviously a very versatile pup and successfully lends itself to many mods (mag swaps and hybrids).
                    Have you tried any Demon hybrids Doc? If so, which stuck out as exemplary? Personally, I could see a Demon/Custom hybrid being cool!

Comment

I did a Demon/Custom hybrid. I think I like it better than the popular 59/C hybrid. It's a little fuller sounding to me, but it is very similar to the 59/C.

Comment

I did a Demon/Custom hybrid. I think I like it better than the popular 59/C hybrid. It's a little fuller sounding to me, but it is very similar to the 59/C.
                        What Mag did u use?
                        -IM

Comment

Chirping Cricket

Through that Diablo amp, a pop sickle stick with 5 wraps of copper wire and a refrigerator magnet would scream. Lynch knows that to sound good under that much gain plus chorus/delay, it takes a moderate output PAF. And that's why he sounds awesome and dudes running mega-output pups through mega output dirt boxes into mega gain amps don't.

For the guitar and tuning you are talking about, I'm thinking the Duncan Distortion is REALLY what you want in the bridge, with a Demon in the neck (regular A5 type)

I can see the A8 in there - not that my magnet perception is that great...
                          Originally posted by Bad City
                          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Inder_Cine_Mann View Post
                            What Mag did u use?
                            IIRC it was a UOA5.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                              Chirping Cricket

Through that Diablo amp, a pop sickle stick with 5 wraps of copper wire and a refrigerator magnet would scream. Lynch knows that to sound good under that much gain plus chorus/delay, it takes a moderate output PAF. And that's why he sounds awesome and dudes running mega-output pups through mega output dirt boxes into mega gain amps don't.

For the guitar and tuning you are talking about, I'm thinking the Duncan Distortion is REALLY what you want in the bridge, with a Demon in the neck (regular A5 type)

I can see the A8 in there - not that my magnet perception is that great...
                              Thats my second combo that i was thinkin of, no joke.
                              But i also dont fully agree with the statement that u made about the high output into high gain etc. i agree and i disagree basically haha. I am a huge fan of hot ceramic bridge PU but i also wanted a project for pickups that im interested in modding

Especially in doin a Screamin Demon and 59 or something else moderate. I absolutely love my 59/custom with med crunch and heavy crunch. But yes, the distortion is a classic and i need one
                              -IM

Comment

Working...
                              X