banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phat Cat matched PUs in a Tele...Bridge Plate that works???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phat Cat matched PUs in a Tele...Bridge Plate that works???

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0297.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	5829016Hello, I'm new to this Forum, so hello to all...I'm building a Telecaster out of a MIM Midnight Wine body and neck, and I have a matched pair of Custom Shop P90 Phat Cats ( dog ears), at least according to the dimensions listed on the SD website

...I've been looking for a Bridge Plate for my Tele that will accommodate one of these...anyone recommend anything?...
    Thanks in Advance!

Frank
    Old Hickory, TN

Re: Phat Cat matched PUs in a Tele...Bridge Plate that works???

welcome to the forum!

can you take them out of the box and take another pic? those dont look like dog ears.

i dont know if youll find a tele bridge with the cut out for a dog ear pup but like i said, i dont think those are dog ears.

they make humbucker rout tele bridges which may or may not fit a covered humbucker but they can be modified to work

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0294.jpg
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	5769252Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5406.jpg
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	5769251here's one of them turned around, out of the box...

I've seen these types of Tele bridge plates, but haven't found one with the correct sized opening yet...it's not a mini hum bucker size, or a P90 size, even though they refer to it as a P90 HB......

thanks for the reply!

backlineguy
      Last edited by backlineguy; 07-07-2013, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Is it not a standard humbucker size?

http://www.allparts.com/TB-0031-010-...ge_p_3542.html.

Have you checked that your guitar body is routed for a humbucker?

Comment

Originally posted by backlineguy View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]44314[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]44313[/ATTACH]here's one of them turned around, out of the box...

I've seen these types of Tele bridge plates, but haven't found one with the correct sized opening yet...it's not a mini hum bucker size, or a P90 size, even though they refer to it as a P90 HB......

thanks for the reply!

backlineguy
          that is a humbucker sized pup

Comment

The more important question is how much did those pups cost? They look awesome!

Comment

Cool Guitar Pick!!!

edit: Yeah reg HB Tele bridge "should" work,but def check the route...
              "Scalloped & Stickered"
              A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

Thanks for the reply Jeremiah...no, the Tele is not routed for the Phat Cats - at least, not yet...the MIM Tele is going to be ok at the neck, it's the bridge that I need to pay it some attention... as far as a standard sized Humbucker, I asked 'guitar-parts-global on eBay if he had anything that would fit my pups, and he said no...the pic in my original post of the Tele Plate is one of theirs, so I'm saying no on the standard humbucker size...

Comment

Thanks Mark...they're from the Seymour Duncan Custom Shop in Santa Barbara...custom made, I'll have to check back and see what they cost...

Comment

Just because they don't have 'em doesn't mean noone else does,either...
                    "Scalloped & Stickered"
                    A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

Thanks Rand, I know it man, and you can't say I haven't been looking !...still optimistic that I'll find one somewhere too!

Comment

Hi frank, Daniels Dad here (Don)
                        I am moding an old Mansefield Tele copy. I have old Ibanez Super 70 HBs.
                        I found that the AllParts TB-0031 fit good. Watch out for the bridge location though.
                        I had to use the old bridge for "intonation indexing". Then I found out that I had to route the cavity to make it fit.
                        I was able to get the bridge/mount plate for less than the price shown. Checkout AllParts "Clearance" section.
                        I think that was where I found mine. Had a local shop order it for me.
                        As I remember it the fellow who started the modification played through a Marshall 50 and those Super 70s sounded real nasty.
                        Good luck with your search.

Comment

Thanks Daniels Dad...yes, I've since this Thread post, matched the "P90" Phat Cats up to my Les Paul pups and lo and behold, they ARE a standard sized hum bucker!...duh...not sure why I didn't try that in the first place...I've got 2 Tele projects going at the same time, so perhaps that has something to do with it...I'll definitely check out the All Parts plate, and I appreciate all the help guys!...a shout out for the 'lil 59 bridge pup as well...awesome sound in a Telcaster..Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5198.jpg
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	5769286

Comment

Working...
                          X