Wiring a Little 59 Bridge Pup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring a Little 59 Bridge Pup

Looking to use a Little 59 in a bridge pup only Tele. I need help with the wiring. What I would like to do is be able to use a at least a 3 position switch and get 3 separate usable tones. I'm not very experienced with electronics. Any help would be appreciated .

Re: Wiring a Little 59 Bridge Pup

welcome to the forum!

parallel/split/series is what i would do with master volume and master tone

Comment

Thanks Jeremy ! Would I get 3 distinct tones wired up that way ? Any sound bites out there for this set up ?

Comment

Split and parallel will be somewhat similar. Series will be quite different.

Comment

Thanks Alex...I'm not very sharp on this wiring thing. Is there any way to wire it with caps or something to make the Split and Parallel less similar ? I would really like a single pup guitar with 3 distinct sounds.
          To much to ask for ?

Comment

You could tap the tone off one of the switch positions and leave the others straight out without any tone control. Or you could do a traditional Esquire switch (fixed dark tone, normal tone control, straight out - bypass tone control), or some hybrid of the series/split/parallel and an Esquire switch.

Comment

The only 'third tone' would be a dark 'tone rolled off' as described above. You could probably do that to the split, as that will have a little more bite than parallel. Not sure on a diagram for that....someone else will have to chip in.

Comment

There is enough difference in the tones of the split and parallel that you don't really need to do anything else. Keep it simple and try the wiring diagram that Jeremy gave you and see for yourself if you like it or not. If not, then you can always do something else later.
                Originally Posted by IanBallard
                Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

You could try series, parallel, "fat split".

The green and bare wires go to ground.
                  The black wire goes to the volume controls.

The red and white wires go to the two common contacts of the switch, and then you wire the rest of it so that:

position 1, they're connected together, and not to anything else [series]
                  position 2, red is connected to output and white to ground [parallel]
                  position 3, they're connected together, then to a 0.01uF capacitor, and the other leg of the capacitor is connected to ground [fat split]

that will give you three distinct sounds.

Comment

Working...
                  X