banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Single spaced humbucker to go with Hot Noiseless?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single spaced humbucker to go with Hot Noiseless?

I have a set of Fender Hot Noiseless pickups in my Strat, I love the neck, but have been wanted something edgier for the bridge. Originally I wanted a full size PAF style 'bucker, but my guitar isn't routed for it.

I tried a Hot Rail years ago, but dont remember much besides liking it. I used a JB jr more recently, and thought it was too thin and bright. the Hot Noiseless neck and middle are fairly traditional sounding, so I'm not looking for something too hot and heavy. I mostly play blues and classic rock, I'd like a sound that is somewhere between ZZ Top and Van Halen

Re: Single spaced humbucker to go with Hot Noiseless?

Little 59

Sent from my armored battle station using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep, either the Little 59 or the Little Screamin' Demon should do you nicely. Personally I'd go for the latter but it's probably best to try and audition them.

Comment

If you are going to try either the lil 59 or the lil Demon, I'd start with the Demon.
        Originally Posted by IanBallard
        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
          If you are going to try either the lil 59 or the lil Demon, I'd start with the Demon.
          I think the lil Demon I have sounds significantly better than my lil 59.

I also have some vintage noiseless in another strat and that guitar has 1meg pots, just about any of the lil series pickups will sound thin and bright with those pots.
          Last edited by chadd; 07-11-2013, 01:23 PM.

Comment

You've probably already got 250k pots in there. Keep them.
            Originally Posted by IanBallard
            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

I've got 500k pots, the Hot Noiseless sounded like sh!t with the 250ks. The JB Jr wasn't in my guitar, so I dont know what pots were it in (though it did have a Vintage Noiseless middle and Lace Sensor neck)

Comment

the Lil Demon looks interesting. But now i'm doubting whether I got a fair impression of the JB Jr, since I dont know how it was wired. But still, the Demon seems like it might be a good middle ground between the 59 and JB

Comment

Working...
                X