Best Volume Pot Value, Treble Bleed Circuit Etc. For Swells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Volume Pot Value, Treble Bleed Circuit Etc. For Swells

For ages I've tried to use the guitar's volume pot for volume swells but with limited success. Is there any trick to pulling this off? I've been reading old posts and haven't found anything concise. So far I'm under the assumption treble bleed mods don't help but I'm not 100% sure.

Currently everything has humbuckers with standard issue A500k volume pots. No treble bleed mods.

I am getting the impression this works better with single coils. Reading old posts leads me to believe gradual swells work better on strats & teles.

At some point I'll get another volume pedal. Thing is, I've had only slightly better success with them. Never quite had one I was totally pleased with. Granted, I've never owned an Ernie Ball and that seems to be the Rolls Royce of volume pedals.

Re: Best Volume Pot Value, Treble Bleed Circuit Etc. For Swells

You need to try a linear pot; B500K.

Comment

Maybe try the YJM speed pots.
      Originally posted by KBliss
      WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Make sure you spend more time playing than you do on this forum. That's our sickness.
      Originally posted by trevorus
      The revolutionaries become the bureaucrats the day after the revolution is over...

Comment

I always use a treble bleed with a audio taper pot. It's more consistent than using a linear taper pot. To me it sounds like a treble bleed will help quite a bit.

Comment

PK: What values for the cap & resistors? Do you use the kinman style wiring?
          Last edited by jpistolas; 07-12-2013, 01:26 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

I use the third style pictured on this page. I've tried a few different values of caps and resistors. I haven't seen much of a difference with them. I usually go with the Kinman or Duncan recommendation. http://ratcliffe.co.za/articles/volumepot2.shtml

Comment

Isn't the kinman series and the duncan style parallel? I well could be mistaken.

Comment

I use humbuckers with the YJM pots, and it works great. No treble bleed anything.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                X