Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TB6-7, Pegasus and Nazgul

Hi everyone!
    My fav for now TB-6 (6 String) on Ibanez.
    Ill get one SOLAR7 OFR from S7 and my own (same as SOLAR but with maple top).
    Can anyone explain exactly differences between Distortion, Pegasus and Nazgul?

Thanks a lot!
    Seb

Re: TB6-7, Pegasus and Nazgul

Still too new, I don't think anyone knows yet.

Comment

There have been some good comparisons on youtube from Kieth Merrow and Ola Englund. You might want to start there.
      "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by SebastianKulik View Post
        Hi everyone!

Thanks a lot!
        Seb
        The Pegasus is very articulate and lower output compared to the Nazgul and has particularly good string separation (think prog metal). The Nazgul has a huge sound, fast response and good pick attack, very saturated and perfect for chugging rhythm but also does well with leads.

Comment

Distortion is the hottest of all. Nazgul and Distortion are aggressive. Pegasus is more tame than all.

These are what Keith Merrow told me
          -IM

Comment

My Nazgul is in the mail
            Very excited
            -IM

Comment

Originally posted by SebastianKulik View Post
              Hi everyone!

Thanks a lot!
              Seb
              The Distortion and Nazgul are pretty similar. To my ears, the Nazgul might be a little more open sounding on the low strings. That is only based on clips on youtube though. I suggest looking for Ola Englund and Keith Merrow clips with demos of those pickups.

Comment

The best information that you'll get on these questions is from official SD people (like Scott). The Nazgul and the Pegasus are too new that not many people on here have had the chance to listen to them outside of demos (which can be good, but do a good job of only showing the good sides of the pickup not the bad sides).
                Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
                Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
                Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
                Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
                Line 6 Helix
                Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

after much thought, i think i'm going to go with the nazgul/ sentient combo instead of the distortion / distortion combo. I hope i'm making the best choice!
                  "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by chris effect View Post
                    after much thought, i think i'm going to go with the nazgul/ sentient combo instead of the distortion / distortion combo. I hope i'm making the best choice!
                    Be sure to tell us how they sound. Like I said, besides demos, not many people have heard those pickups on here yet.
                    Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
                    Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
                    Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
                    Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
                    Line 6 Helix
                    Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny the Kid View Post
                      Be sure to tell us how they sound. Like I said, besides demos, not many people have heard those pickups on here yet.
                      I most certainly will. I'm getting them put in for my birthday, middle of august, so I'll probably drop my guitar by the luthier around August 1st, (I'm getting a black tusq nut too, all new pots and switch and jack) already had the frets leveled.. should be a super duper 7 string when it's done.

Comment

This is the video to check out right here.

Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

Hi Scott Olson,
                          thanks for nice definitions, all tests Ive hear (specs, youtube etc) Ill define the sound with your words as well.
                          Cheers,
                          Seb
                          P.S. Strictly7 will produce AMPs soon, check it out (Im main developer..;-))

Comment

@zenmindbeginner
                            seen it all already!
                            I hoped someone tested the pickups here.....;-)

Comment

@Grindspine
                              yes, I seen all of videos from Keith and Ola already..;-)
                              Till now my fav was Distortion (in 6 string version on Ibanez).
                              Maybe Ill order all of them and check how every one works on SOLAR7.....;-)
                              Cheers!
                              Seb

Comment

Working...
                              X