banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone run a Dimarzio Chopper in parallel mode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone run a Dimarzio Chopper in parallel mode?

I have a strat with a 1-pickup setup-- a Dimarzio Chopper in the bridge position. I'm looking to have the option to thin it out a bit, but still have hum-cancelling by installing a series/parallel switch for it and running it in parallel.

Anyone here run a Chopper in parallel and can comment on how it sounds in the bridge position? I just want to get some input before drilling a hole in my pickguard..

thanks!
    J.
    "I shall allow this GAS bubble to pass, a mere fart in time." - Aceman

Re: anyone run a Dimarzio Chopper in parallel mode?

Worth a shot...

Push/pull pot...

"Scalloped & Stickered"
    A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

I've used a number of single-coil sized humbuckers (Fast Track 2, Hot Rails, JB jr, Little '59) in parallel mode and regardless of model, brand or whatever, the same always holds true:

wiring in parallel keeps more or less the same tone, but adds a bit more treble, and drops the output by about a third.

Comment

Thanks CTN-- sounds like it should work for what I need. I'll just wire up the series/parallel switch and have it hanging out from under the pickguard til I see if I like the sound. If I do, I can drill a hole in the pickguard then.

Rand-O-Monium-- yeah I could always just grab a push-pull pot for the tone pot, but 1) I already have a series/parallel switch, 2) I'm cheap and 3), it's easier to flick the switch then pull up on a strat knob that's already sitting low to the pickguard. But otherwise, yeah that would be the easiest and keep me from having to drill a hole!

Comment

Or push/push,then?
          "Scalloped & Stickered"
          A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

Originally posted by Rand-O-Monium View Post
            Or push/push,then?
            Every push-push pot I've used usually craps out after a while.

Comment

You could try installing a on/on/on miniswitch for parallel and split options as well. In my opinion with the Chopper all three wiring options are distinct enough to be really useful.

Comment

Working...
              X