Using a set of Triple Shots with a Les Paul and Schaller Piezo Bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using a set of Triple Shots with a Les Paul and Schaller Piezo Bridge

Hi guys, I'm kinda new to this forum, so hope you will help me out! I have a set of Triple Shots pickup rings, and a Les Paul with a Schaller Piezo Bridge. I want to use one switch the neck pickup ring to coil split the neck humbucker, the other I'm not fussed about. And use one switch on the bridge pickup ring to coil split the bridge humbucker, the other to switch between piezo and magnetic. The 2 volumes pots will control the mag pickups (as stock), one of the tones will become overall tone for both mag pickups, and the other tone a volume for the piezo. I have this kinda working to a point, but have had to use one switch on the neck turn the mag pickups on/off, and one switch on the bridge ring turn the piezo on/off (Meaning to go from piezo to mag, I need to turn off the mag and turn on the piezo) Is it possible to have it the way I actually want???? (If so, can some kind person send me a wiring diagram)

So, neck pickup ring:- switch 1 coil splits neck humbucker (i.e. switch1 up - hum split, switch1 down - full hum)
    switch 2 does nothing
    bridge pickup ring:- switch 1 coil splits bridge humbucker (i.e. switch1 up - hum split, switch1 down - full hum)
    switch 2 allows me to change from piezo to mag

I don't mind having 1 pickup ring used to split the humbucker for neck and bridge (i.e. switch 1 splits neck, switch 2 splits bridge)
    If this means I can use 1 pickup ring to allow seamless switch between piezo and mag.

Any help would be great guys!!! (a wiring diagram would be PERFECT!!!)

Cheers
    Bob

Re: Using a set of Triple Shots with a Les Paul and Schaller Piezo Bridge

anyone??? cheers

Comment

Re: Using a set of Triple Shots with a Les Paul and Schaller Piezo Bridge

Actually, that would be very, very hard to do with the triple shot. the triple shot platform was designed to give you the wiring options of a humbucker (left coil, right coil, series and parallel). to have 2 pickups to switch with the triple shot AND do something it wasn't internally designed to do, is very hard. The triple shot has a small CPB under the switches to switch between the options, made in such a way that you just have to solder the leads to a predesignated area. Doing what you want to do, is hard, to say the least. It's not impossible, but I don't think it would be practical. my suggestion would be to go with pushpull pots.

Comment

Working...
      X