Ideas for pickup configuration.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas for pickup configuration.

Ok so I have stripped an old washburn g10v and repainted it and customized it so on to the pickups.
    Its a hss and I am more than likely going to use an invader in the bridge and am thinking about using a hot rail either for the neck or mid any suggestions on what pickups to use for the mid or neck? I play metal sounds like killswitch and I love the stuff Kieth Merrow is doing.
    I am currently using a line 6 combo but I am purchasing an orange dual terror and running the maxon od808. This will mainly be for recording. Any help?

Re: Ideas for pickup configuration.

Yeah if anything from duncan I'd recommend for that, it's be either the hot or cool rails. I vote hotrails. If you want a more single coily middle pickup to mix with then the custom stack plus or something.

Comment

On a side note, for some versatility between the hot rails and the invader... try a hot stack in the middle! I run a classic stack between two jazz pups on an HSH and even that has a volume drop so I'd suggest the hot stack for that extra push over the edge.
      Soundcloud

Comment

hey dude I wanted the same thing about a year ago, just a bit different, I put a sh-6 Duncan Distortion in the bridge for me the Invader was a bit much, for the middle I was going to put the Cool Rails but I put the high output Hot Rails SHR-1 instead has a bit more power, and for the neck same thing again was going to put a Vintage Rails but its a bit too old school/ country for me so I went with Cool Rails. Haven't had any problems with anything, the only other thing I did was I changed my 250k pots with 500k pots (500k pots work better with humbuckers) Rock on dude and don't worry there Seymour Duncans pickups there the best!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X