banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you guys think of the dimebucker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys think of the dimebucker?

Hey guys, im using emg's in all my esp guitars, but i have an ibanez rgt 42 that i have a dropsonic by dimario in, its way to bassy and its rubbish for solos, its great for riffing, but i need a lil more clarity, my only concern is im going thru a tube amp, marshall tsl 100, isnt the dimebucker known not to be so good thru a tube?
    Also any one know before he got shot, when did he go back to dean guitars and convert to krank amps?
    Thanks guys
    Goodman

Re: What do you guys think of the dimebucker?

I think it was quite recently that Dime switched endorsements, like in the last couple months.

I've never used the Dimbucker, but have never heard anything about it not being good with tubes.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell
      I've never used the Dimbucker, but have never heard anything about it not being good with tubes.
      Same here. I've also been told it's like most extreme pickups....you either love it, or you hate it.
      || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Originally posted by screamingdaisy
        Same here. I've also been told it's like most extreme pickups....you either love it, or you hate it.
        i love it man , i tried it on a triple xxx when i ordered it at the local store...and the only thing you have to worry is the feedback...if you play through a high gain amp youŽll have to put a noise gate at the chain (or try to screw the pup as deep as you can and go raising it till it starts to produce feedback...if you raise too much the pup the feedback will be a real problem)...if you want more clarity...this pup is perfect for you...

btw it rocks the same on tube, solid state or valvestates...the rest is yours...i like it more on an all-valve amp cause i like more tube amps than solid state...its a personal preference

Comment

I was looking on harmony central tho, and they have said that its too muddy, now fora fact dimes tone wasent muddy,ive owned a distortion before, and it was to much for me, to much treble.
          Im used to using 81's, how does it compare? Im using an ns2 so that aint no probs about feedback, i love the warmth of passives, with the power and push of actives! Any one have any sound clips of the dime bucker?

Comment

i want to know if the Dimebucker has Some kind of scooped/reduced Middles.
            ?!!!
            anyone confirm that?
            Ibanez RG7420-Evo 7-Liquifire 7
            Ibanez RG7420-Blaze Custom 7-Air Norton 7
            Ibanez RG550-Nailbomb-Nailbomb
            Jackson DXMG-Juggernaut - Juggernaut
            Ibanez RGT6EX-81-60A
            Ibanez RGT42DX-BlackHawk - BlackHawk
            Fender Am Std-Holy Diver-Emerald

Charvel Fusion DLX-81-SA
            Ibanez SR505 MIK Bass.

Fender EVH 5510 III 50w Head + Custom 2X12 Cabinet W/ WGS Liberator Speakers.

Comment

Dude Im with you Full Distortion...Anybody here of this? I like my Midds also. The chart on it is I think, let me see 6/5/8. If you like Mids The custom custom list 3/7/7 I think the bass is too low though IMO. I like to tune down a little....I think that would mudd out. Anyways From the stats it looks like the Dimebucker would be really rounded not scooped though. The DD looks Crazy on the chart......5/8/9! Im betting that the Dimebucker isn't that much different from the Lawrence xxL500 with was customed for him only as far as I know. BTW New GuitarPlayer and Revolver have Dimebag Tribute articles everywhere. Im still pissed and saddened. Rest in peace my Metal Bro!

Comment

Originally posted by WITH FULL DISTORTION
                i want to know if the Dimebucker has Some kind of scooped/reduced Middles.
                ?!!!
                anyone confirm that?
                "... E.Q. 6/5/8..." well compared to others you could say that it is an all around pup...if you look, his eq is very similar to the jb model...but the ceramic mag/steel blades makes it to be more agressive...

btw if you want mids with a lot of output...emg 81 (but you go active)...if you run trhu high gain amps or amps with celestion cabs...the custom custom looks interesting...less output, but it has mids (EQ...4/8/4 i think)

Comment

Working...
                X