Which magnet do i need

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which magnet do i need

My first try would have been an A2. Will increase the mids and lower the bass bigtime, but people around here claim it reduces treble. Every pickup I've had an A2 in had plenty of high end, if not too much. I've found this in both bridge and neck, mahogany, oak, and basswood guitar bodies with either a maple/maple, maple/rosewood, mahogany/rosewood neck.

The Custom 4 I found to be lifeless. Very flat, and nothing really jumps out at you. For Customs I prefer either the A2 (CC) or a large ceramic.

Comment

Re: Which magnet do i need

I used to have a Polished A3 in a PGn and it will do for you what you described. For me I took it out and put in a UOA5 and it gave me what I wanted from a PGn, Clearer, brighter highs, firmer, less boomy bass, and took away a bit of the very present midrange. Sounds great clean and distorted.
      Originally posted by KBliss
      WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Make sure you spend more time playing than you do on this forum. That's our sickness.
      Originally posted by trevorus
      The revolutionaries become the bureaucrats the day after the revolution is over...

Comment

Working...
      X