Cobalt strings, Slash signatute pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cobalt strings, Slash signatute pickups

Hi i own a LP made of an alder body, mapple neck and a rosewood board.
    I have duncan alnico 2 proes in that guitar and it does not sound bright at
    all. I want to putt on some cobalt strings but i am afraid that it will sound
    to bright becouse of the tone woods.
    Any thoughts?

Re: Cobalt strings, Slash signatute pickups

Try it? Whats ice picky bright to one person is full bodied to another. If your guitar is not overly bright now the strings probably wont make it that way. Personally I'm not a fan of the cobalts they feel weird that i cant just get around.
    "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
    you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Can u descibe the fealin*? tnx

Comment

Originally posted by nike0223 View Post
        Can u descibe the fealin*? tnx
        Its like a hard feeling sort of a grit its different from regular round wounds. Some people might not mind it I just found it aggravating.
        "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
        you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Originally posted by Edgecrusher View Post
          Its like a hard feeling sort of a grit its different from regular round wounds. Some people might not mind it I just found it aggravating.
          Agree on this,and it sounds louder and MUCH BRIGHTER than regular round wounds btw.

Comment

Bought the Cobalts, feel wierd under my fingers but not gritty at all more so buttery I dig the sound.
            Wierd thing is the strings are brighter but my neck pickups sounds darker then with the nickel wound ones

Comment

I tried the Cobalt strings... I found them unpleasant.
              my feeling about the cobalt strings was if you are a shredder who has not been able to take enough of the organic tone out of the guitar with EMG pick-ups then these strings will give you that extra bit of plastic artificiality you have been looking for.

do you have quality 500k pots in the guitar?
              or maybe switch to an Alnico V pup (59,JB,WLH) or a SH5 custom.

Comment

I bought a set of cobalt strings the other day because I hate walking out a music store without purchasing something...the cobalts were the only inexpensive item I hadn't tried yet, so...

Do not like them. There is quite a bit more friction on the wound strings that with standard nickel/steel strings. They sound fine to me, but they don't sound better than my other favorite strings ( DR, D'Addario). Not worth the extra cash layout in my opinion...and the wound strings just don't feel right.

Comment

Working...
                X