Its official....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its official....

The Seymour Duncan Custom shop 'Tyrannotitan' humbucker that MJ wound for me, two humbuckers in total, 1 for each of my V's, is absolutely KILLER straight into my Marshall TSL 100. I am sooooo freaking happy.... I will be doing some sound clips soon.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	DarkOrder2013.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	5829949
    DARK ORDER - 'Cold war of the Condor', 'The Violence Continuum' & '5000 Years of Violence' available now.... www.darkorder.com.au

sigpic

"A true Metal-head displays from the heart alone, not by what image is portrayed. For many are around the well, but none are in the spring"

"War is the failure of the human spirit" - A.J.P. Taylor

Re: Its official....

NIce PIC of the Band.
    sigpic
    Ibanez SA 120- Bridge JB Trembucker Neck Jazz
    JFG Flying V,
    "If you hear something you're unable to play, then you have room to grow."-Al Di Meola
    John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Comment

Originally posted by Jocelyn View Post
      NIce PIC of the Band.
      Well funny enough we all use Seymour Duncans, Seany on Bass uses the the SDB-3 quarter pound P-Bass pickups, Jimi on guitar uses abh1 Black outs, and myself uses sh6 Distortions, SD Custom Shop Tyrannotitan's and sh1n '59's..... Not that were sayin anything with this.....(sure)
      DARK ORDER - 'Cold war of the Condor', 'The Violence Continuum' & '5000 Years of Violence' available now.... www.darkorder.com.au

sigpic

"A true Metal-head displays from the heart alone, not by what image is portrayed. For many are around the well, but none are in the spring"

Comment

What is the Tyrannotitan? specs? sounds interesting

Comment

Describe it to us... As if it were some fine wine marinating the taste buds in our ears. Also specs and pics please.

Comment

Originally posted by dvanburen View Post
            What is the Tyrannotitan? specs? sounds interesting
            Its just a specially tweeked custom shop sh6 with clearer growlier mids, thats all. Check out the video:

sigpic

Comment

Just for me to learn about pickups and the benefits of ordering a custom shop pickup: Any reason why tweaking EQ settings in the amp was not enough? Would different EQ settings in the amp mess with your neck tone? Or is it something else?

Anyways, I do like your own pickup sound better.
              Who took my guitar?

Comment

Originally posted by IMENATOR View Post
                Just for me to learn about pickups and the benefits of ordering a custom shop pickup: Any reason why tweaking EQ settings in the amp was not enough? Would different EQ settings in the amp mess with your neck tone? Or is it something else?

Anyways, I do like your own pickup sound better.

EQ on the amp is after the gain stages what this means is changing the EQ before the amp will effect how the amp responds which frequencies get pushed more. The amps EQ cannot add something that isnt there so if your pickup lacks high end your amp cannot create it.
                "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
                you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Hey man, congrats on your new pickup.

I just signed up a few days ago officially but when I was lurking around the Black Winter's thread I saw you talking about this several weeks ago.

I'm glad it worked out for you.

~LD

PS - the name of you pickup is classic \m/,
                  Last edited by Lucy Diamond; 07-29-2013, 02:45 PM.
                  For the record, Lucy Diamond is a stage name and a movie reference and I'm a guy.

Also, the Dimarzio PAF Pros that came in my 1991 Blue Floral Ibanez Jem are some of the best paperweights ever made.

What are you doing right now? Thread.

Follow me on Instagram: @LucyDiamond777

Comment

your custom shop model sounds more modern and present compared to the sh-6. They are both cool sounds that would work well together sitting in different places of a recorded mix.
                    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                    Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

edit: lol i posted that last one before getting up to your "stereo" section. I think you have come up with an epic recipie! Awesome.
                      "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Order Lord View Post
                        The Seymour Duncan Custom shop 'Tyrannotitan' humbucker that MJ wound for me, two humbuckers in total, 1 for each of my V's, is absolutely KILLER straight into my Marshall TSL 100. I am sooooo freaking happy.... I will be doing some sound clips soon.....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45176[/ATTACH]
                        https://www.swisscubancigars.com/bolivar-cuban-cigars/bolivar-petit-coronas.html
                        Great PIC of this Great Band.

Comment

"Scalloped & Stickered"
                          A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

Originally posted by Edgecrusher View Post
                            EQ on the amp is after the gain stages what this means is changing the EQ before the amp will effect how the amp responds which frequencies get pushed more. The amps EQ cannot add something that isnt there so if your pickup lacks high end your amp cannot create it.
                            +1........... Wot 'e said and the type of texture of the mids, so from the sh6 dirty fizz to the tyrannotitan growly fast transient mids, those cannot be fixed with EQ. I tried it all and was chasing my tail heaps. Then it donged me on the head..... "MJ..."
                            Last edited by Dark Order Lord; 07-30-2013, 10:45 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
                              your custom shop model sounds more modern and present compared to the sh-6. They are both cool sounds that would work well together sitting in different places of a recorded mix.
                              I actually still really love the Sh6, it has this cool 'dirty' mids thats unique. Thats why I still have a DDJ in my Gibson Explorer. When I do the next video I will included that guitar too.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X