Twin humbucker superswitch help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin humbucker superswitch help

Maybe this is overly complicated but it is my desire to wire my twin humbucker superstrat a certain way, using a 5-way superswitch and hoping to eliminate push-pulls or toggles.

Currently running a three way blade and two toggles to split them, but I never use the split coils individually and would prefer faster switching between other options, using just the blade switch, not throwing two switches and inevitably looking at my axe before and after.

Both humbuckers are four-conducter.

I use:
    Neck full
    Neck full and bridge full
    Neck full and bridge split
    Neck split and bridge split
    Bridge full

Plus a single volume and tone

I can't locate a schematic like this and am not good enough with schematics to combine a schematic of a split into a 5way. I was told by a parts vendor that a super switch should be able to do this with a little planning.

I use an older Schaller Jazz at the neck and an SD SH-6 at the bridge so with the difference in output these three combinations of them give three good sounds.

I don't like to run the split bridge alone because I find it too noisy and shrill for my use, and I don't like to run the neck alone as it is too weak sounding,but I do split both at times for a single-coily, almost tele-middle, tone while still avoiding hum.

Any insight how I use one of the switch's banks to split the coils like this in positions 2, 3 and 4?

-Bob

(If this proves impossible, I'd settle for a 3 way blade that simply splits the bridge in the middle, but I don't see 3 way superswitches anywhere)

Re: Twin humbucker superswitch help

By example,

Use Bank A for Neck hot (black wire, if SD).
    Solder Neck hot to lug 1 and then, a jumper to 2, 3 & 4.
    Solder the common lug of Bank A to common lug of Bank B.

Use Bank B for Bridge hot (black wire, if SD).
    Solder Bridge hot to lug 5 and then, a jumper to 4, 3 and 2.
    Jump Bank B common lug to Bank A common lug and to Volume pot's input.

Use Bank C for Neck split (white and red wires, if SD).
    Solder split wires to common lug of Bank C.
    Ground lug 4.

Use Bank D for Bridge split (white and red wires, if SD).
    throw a jumper from lug 4 to lug 4 of Bank C.
    throw a jumper from lug 4 to lug 3.

Wire vol and tone as usual and you are done.
    My blog: http://hermeticoguitar.blogspot.com
    My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/hermeticoguitar

Comment

Working...
    X