HELP! Telecaster Single coil + P90 Wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! Telecaster Single coil + P90 Wiring

Hello, I'm new here, and I'm having a struggle wiring a Telecaster-style guitar.

The idea/goal is a standard single coil in the neck position, and a humbucker-sized P90 in the bridge.

The single coil has (obviously) 2 wires, but the P90 has 3 (see image). I can't figure out the wiring, can someone please help?!

Any help or suggestions are welcome! Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	tele-question-wiring.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	5830009

Re: HELP! Telecaster Single coil + P90 Wiring

Black, red, and bare go to ground, the two whites go to the appropriate places on the three way switch (i.e., follow your standard Tele diagram).

If it sounds thing and funky when both pickups are one, they're out of phase - swap the red and white from the P-90.
    "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

Originally posted by jtougas View Post
      Black, red, and bare go to ground
      Thanks so much for your reply! You said the black, red, and bare wire go to ground, I'm sorry but what do I solder them to then? I'm fairly new to guitar wiring so I'm not sure what you mean.

Again, thanks for the help and I hope I manage to get the wiring right, eventually.

Comment

Usually, the back of the pots, like the diagram shows. Make sure to also connect the bridge ground.

Comment

Originally posted by jtougas View Post
          Usually, the back of the pots, like the diagram shows. Make sure to also connect the bridge ground.
          I'm gonna try it, thanks for helping! I'll let you now how it worked out.

Comment

Please do. Should sound good!

Comment

Working...
            X