Ernie Ball EVH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ernie Ball EVH

I am changing the stock DiMarzio in the bridge for a Blues Saraceno Trembucker. The original pickup only has the black & white wires and the trembucker has the red, white, black and green. Any ideas as to which wires correspond to which? Thanks in advance.

Re: Ernie Ball EVH

Have you already made sure the pickup will fit in the slot? The DiMarzio spacing are different than SD and I discovered I was a little limited on what I could fit into mine.

For the color codes, you can google or go to the main site, go to support, pick the wiring diagrams, and one of the drop down menus has the color codes for SD and many other companies, including DMZ. I don't remember the DMZ off the top of my head, but the Duncan's are black for hot, green and bare for ground, and red and white go together and get taped off...that's for series wiring.
    Last edited by darthphineas; 08-05-2013, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by darthphineas View Post
      Have you already made sure the pickup will fit in the slot? The DiMarzio spacing are different than SD and I discovered I was a little limited on what I could fit into mine.

For the color codes, you can google or go to the main site, go to support, pick the wiring diagrams, and one of the drop down menus has the color codes for SD and many other companies, including DMZ. I don't remember the DMZ off the top of my head, but the Duncan's are black for hot, green and bare for ground, and red and white go together and get taped off...that's for series wiring.
      Thanks for the info. It was tight, and I had to grind the metal posts a little to get them to fit, but it actually fits nicely. I'll do some Googling and see what I find.

Comment

Fwiw those pups bring a premium. You might even consider pulling the neck so you can get the most because its a matched set. Just an FYI.
        “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

Working...
        X