New Design for Rails pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Design for Rails pickups

On the website, they say that the rails pups that they use are all redesigned, to reduce the high E-string snag that may occur. Anyone know what they will look like? I am sure that NAMM will bring out the information.

Also there is a new pedal coming out.

Re: New Design for Rails pickups

i was wondering about this also...i just bought 3 rails in that past week or two and they look just like my old ones so i guess i got the old versions....anyone have pics of the new ones?

-Mike
    www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Guess we'll see them after NAMM.

Comment

Yes, I would like to know about these too.

Seems silly to buy old-style rails with the potential E string problem if a new design is out or coming out. Apparently they fit better also. Does anyone know if these are actually shipping yet?

From the Duncan home page:

"On the big news front, we've redesigned our rails series (Hot Rails, Cool Rails, Vintage Rails, JB Jr., Little '59, Li'l Screamin' Demon, and Duckbuckers) to make them easier to fit into pickguards and less likely to snag errant high-E strings. "

Ubehebe

1985 Rick 620/12
        1984 Fender Jazz bass
        1968 LP gold top with original P-90s, as delivered
        1966 Hagstrom Futurama bass, as delivered

Comment

Well we will hear it from a NAMM report or Evan, whichever comes first.

Comment

Evan any still shots of the new design? It's hard to see the changes as the camera didn't do a close up on the one you were holding. Is it removable like a Fender or completely sealed?

I thought the JB JR, Lil 59 and Screamin Demon were all doing away with the screws in favor of the rails, like their older siblings.

Comment

The new fuzz pedal is being discussed over here. As for the new p'up designs, it could be something as simple as integral covers. That would prevent the string from snagging on the edge. And, it would give the p'ups a nice "finished" look.

Comment

See also this Thread/ Video: https://forum.seymourduncan.com/showthread.php?t=27070
                Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Just searched for it on the HC website and happened upon it there.

More interesting is the redesign of the classic stack. I wonder if it is any better than the original....

Comment

Working...
                  X