X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wow. Seth lovers.

Seths are great PAFs. Period.
    Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
    Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

TONE, SON.
      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris of Arabia View Post
        This is easily the cheapest guitar I own. A little while after this shot was taken, the whole wiring harness was replaced (all except the socket) and it was fitted with a pair of used Seth's I found on eBay. Gone were the mass produced waxbuckers, in came the Seth's; what a world of difference. Who cares the price, if it plays and sounds right, it is right, and this does both.

And yet another Cort gem. I love how you staged that pic: The "working" tools. Was that by design?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnZAH View Post
          I still really want to try a PG set in a les Paul but I can't imagine more "snarl" than I'm already getting.
          To me, PGN's are warmer and don't have as much treble as a SethN. My ears hear PGN's rounded high-end as better suited for jazz.

PGB's are brighter than many people expect them to be, especially considering how warm the neck is. In the bridge slot, Seth's are warmer and fuller than a PGB. I think Seth's balance better with each other than PG's do. Some players like a bigger difference between their bridge and neck PU's, and they might prefer that characteristic of PG's.

Add to that the different wind and unpotted qualities of a Seth and you get a more complex, 'alive' sound. I don't remember hearing anyone here saying they had feedback issues with Seth's.
          "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
          "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
          "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Originally posted by Soulcrusher_X View Post
            You know....I sold them because I wanted to explore 'other' PAF style pickups, but I think I may have shot myself in the foot.
            Shot yourself in the foot bigtime. What were you thinking?
            "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Originally posted by blueman335 View Post
              To me, PGN's are warmer and don't have as much treble as a SethN. My ears hear PGN's rounded high-end as better suited for jazz.

PGB's are brighter than many people expect them to be, especially considering how warm the neck is. In the bridge slot, Seth's are warmer and fuller than a PGB. I think Seth's balance better with each other than PG's do. Some players like a bigger difference between their bridge and neck PU's, and they might prefer that characteristic of PG's.

Add to that the different wind and unpotted qualities of a Seth and you get a more complex, 'alive' sound. I don't remember hearing anyone here saying they had feedback issues with Seth's.
              I really love the balance between them and I love the overall fullness of the bridge. It makes it very easy for me to set my amp EQ for either pickup and have a good sound across the board. It's just a total eye opener for me.
              sigpic

Comment

Seths are awesome. I've never heard a better vintage style humbucker.

Comment

Yet another set you guys are turning me on to.

This place is going to be bad for my wallet

Me- Pre Seymour Duncan Forum:
                  "I wanna try those Black Winters"

Me- Post Seymour Duncan Forum
                  "Man, I need some Whole Lotta Humbuckers, a Parallel Axis Trembucker, an out of phase Alnico II, A set of Seth Lovers, some custom shop humbuckers in a P-90 housing custom machined with metal covers and a skateboard guitar."

What.

The.

F#^K!??!?!

For the record, Lucy Diamond is a stage name and a movie reference and I'm a guy.

Also, the Dimarzio PAF Pros that came in my 1991 Blue Floral Ibanez Jem are some of the best paperweights ever made.

What are you doing right now? Thread.

Follow me on Instagram: @LucyDiamond777

Comment

Originally posted by blueman335 View Post
                    Shot yourself in the foot bigtime. What were you thinking?
                    Obviously I failed to do so.

They handle high volume and gain a lot better than just about all other unpotted pups I've tried and a lot of potted ones to boot. The 57s I had in my old SG would squeal if you look at them funny. These would squeal if you really crank the gain, loud volumes, and you face the amp, but otherwise are very resistant to squealing.

LP Custom
                    Greenbacks
                    Boss SD-1

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                      And yet another Cort gem. I love how you staged that pic: The "working" tools. Was that by design?
                      You could say that. There's a little bit of a commentary on it over at its Flickr page; I can't remember which thread here prompted it, but this was something of a riposte.

A little tribute to some who think a guitar cannot be equated with a hammer or fishing rod. For the record, it was bought used and is the cheapest guitar I own...
                      Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy Diamond View Post
                        Yet another set you guys are turning me on to.

This place is going to be bad for my wallet
                        Welcome to the club, baby.

Comment

I have them in my SG and Love them from the moment I strung the guitar, just wish the bridge Pu, was a little louder, seems like the Neck is way louder !!!

Comment

Working...
                          X