banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stratocaster, Telecaster, Jazzmaster, Jaguar Pickups? What are the differences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stratocaster, Telecaster, Jazzmaster, Jaguar Pickups? What are the differences?

1 - Why different pickups are produced for each of these instruments although all of them are single sized pickups?
    2 - Can i put one into others slot? Are they in the exact same size?
    3 - What type of pickups are being used in Gretsch guitars? Mini-Humbuckers?

Re: Stratocaster, Telecaster, Jazzmaster, Jaguar Pickups? What are the differences?

they are all different and not the same size. the jaguar pups are similar to a strat without the bottom flange as long as you keep the claw off it

gretsch uses a few different types of pups

Comment

Re: Stratocaster, Telecaster, Jazzmaster, Jaguar Pickups? What are the differences?

I'm bumping this thread. All I know is strat and tele pickups when it comes to single coil world. What's the tone difference between Jaguar, Mustang, and Jazzmaster pickup than regular strat and teles single coils?
      Originally posted by GuitarDoc
      Don't take yourselves, or anything for that matter, too seriously. We're born, we live, then we die. All of us. Just the same.

Comment

Strat pups are brightest, lowest output and "chimiest". Tele bridge ones are more aggressive in output and presence, the neck pickups are rounder and warmer. Jaguars are very similar or even almost identical to strat ones but usually wound a bit hotter with covers. Jaguar pickups to me sound like a middle ground between the strat and tele sound. Jazzmasters are the fattest and hottest sounding, sort of similar in sound and appearance to p90s but not quite the same. Jazzzmaster pickups seem to have a bit more sparkle and less grit than the p90s. That's all I know from experience.

Comment

Working...
        X