Help! Pearly Gates Pickups Install Having Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Pearly Gates Pickups Install Having Issues

Anyone who can point me in the right direction on getting to the bottom of this?

I am having issues with my pickup installation, and I was hoping that someone could either
    help me or put me in touch with someone who can.

Here's what I have:

Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates Neck Humbucker
    Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates for Telecaster Bridge Humbucker
    2 CTS 500k pots (one for volume and one for tone
    1 .047 Capacitor
    1 Fender 4-Way Mod Switch for Tele

All brand new out of the box.

I wired it all up per the Seymour Duncan Telecaster 2 Humbucker, 1 Vol, 1 Tone, 4-Way
    switch schematic...which matches the one that came with the Fender 4-Way switch.

Everything comes on correctly per the switching:
    Position one - the bridge only activates
    Position 2 - both bridge and neck activate
    Position 3 - the neck only activates
    Position 4 - both neck and bridge activate
    (I'm not sure how to tell if the series/parallel parts are working correctly, but the
    correct pickups activate)

The issue that I am having is that in positions 1 and 4, the output volume is
    considerably lower than in positions 2 and 3. I know that the loudest position should be
    #4, so I know that something isn't right, but I have quadruple checked the wiring and
    even had someone else double-check it for me. We can't find any issues, but the result
    is definitely not as expected.

My suspicion is that there is something up with the bridge pickup's output, but that in
    parallel, it is disguised by the neck pickup output, and that in series, the bridge is
    having a higher impact on the output and driving it down. There is only a very...very subtle
    difference in the tone between positions 2 and 3 (neck/bridge parallel, and neck only)

Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated.

Earl Kennedy

Re: Help! Pearly Gates Pickups Install Having Issues

Your sure you have the PGb in the bridge position and the PGn in the neck position and not the PGn in the bridge and the PGb in the neck? Have you tried adjusting the pup heights?
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
    X