banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dimarzio Humbucker covers on Seymour Duncans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimarzio Humbucker covers on Seymour Duncans?

Hey guys

So my plan is to buy these awesome Dimarzio Black Plastic covers (Im in the UK which may make them hard to find over here), stencil Seymour Duncan on the front, and get black Pole screws on a set of a JB and Jazz combo underneath

Dimarzio Covers - http://www.zzounds.com/item--DIMGG16COV

The question is WILL THEY FIT THE SEYMOURS?. Are the Duncans F spaced etc?. (they would be in a hardtail LTD Viper) If anyone has tried fitting Dimarzio covers onto Duncans that would be great.

Thanks guys

Lew

EDIT : for anyone wondering I photoshopped the Viper to show exactly what I want to do to it

Click image for larger version

Name:	LTD Viper 3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	5830064
    Last edited by lewisstorer89; 08-08-2013, 05:34 AM.

Re: Dimarzio Humbucker covers on Seymour Duncans?

Dunno,but they look sharp!!!
    "Scalloped & Stickered"
    A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

Originally posted by Rand-O-Monium View Post
      Dunno,but they look sharp!!!

Dont they just!!!.... imo a perfect match for the lines of the Viper!!. I like the look of Actives on certain guitars (this being one) but I dont like active pickups, so this is the next best thing

Comment

Agree that sometimes black covers look great, but these don't really look like active covers except for the color...they still have the screw holes. In other words, they are just black passive humbucker pup covers.
        Originally Posted by IanBallard
        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Yeah if your after the active look Jackson for years put passive pickups under plastic covers that looked active. You can try like http://www.allparts.com/PC-0303-023-...ic_p_2397.html these from all parts and do the same thing.
          "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
          you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

The F-Spaced won't fit, but the non F-Spaced covers should fit just fine.

Comment

It's black metal not plastic and zZounds doesn't shipping to UK.
              I want to buy the same covers but I cannot find them in the EU.
              Last edited by crguti; 08-08-2013, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crguti View Post
                It's black metal not plastic and zZounds doesn't shipping to UK.
                I want to buy the same covers but I cannot find them in the EU.
                Yeah I realised after posting due to further research they were matte black textured Metal. Fine by me tbh, I would get them re-potted once on anyway regardless of what material they are made from

I was hoping somewhere in Europe would sell things like this. Its really quite ridiculous how little is on offer in Europe compared to America and Asia. Not to mention the massive price difference in Items

Comment

Originally posted by lewisstorer89 View Post
                  Yeah I realised after posting due to further research they were matte black textured Metal. Fine by me tbh, I would get them re-potted once on anyway regardless of what material they are made from

I was hoping somewhere in Europe would sell things like this. Its really quite ridiculous how little is on offer in Europe compared to America and Asia. Not to mention the massive price difference in Items
                  Creebus tell me about it. Here it seems the pricing is take the MSRP and add 50% to it IF you can find the item.
                  "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
                  you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Working...
                  X