Slash Alnico 2 Pro modded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slash Alnico 2 Pro modded

A couple of weeks ago a buddy of mine approached me with a request. He wanted his Slash set modded from a braided wire to a 4 conductor. Also, new pots had to go in his les paul. the crappy asian junk had to go and we decided to go with a 1 megaohm in the neck for superclarity, a 500k in the bridge and 2 500k pushpulls for the tone pots. I used duncan's schematic for 2 prails and 2 push pull pots so I got the 2 coils, series and parallel.

the result?

amazing! The slash pickups split REALLY well and the difference between the coils is very much audible. I really enjoyed the parallel setting, both pickups on and then some tweaks with the tone pot. best 'wah' tone without having a wahwah. I can really recommend it!

Re: Slash Alnico 2 Pro modded

I run the Slash neck with a 500k volume and no tone. Couldn't image using a 1M pot with it. It would definitely be too bright in the guitar it's in (alder, maple/maple frankenstrat).

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
      I run the Slash neck with a 500k volume and no tone. Couldn't image using a 1M pot with it. It would definitely be too bright in the guitar it's in (alder, maple/maple frankenstrat).
      agreed, in that kind of guitar I'd be too bright, but in a les paul with a thick mahogany neck, RW board and a thick mahogany back it's great you just have to use those kind of tricks as final seasoning. In a dish with anchovy you don't add salt, but in a dish with only vegetables you need a nice pinch of it.

Comment

Good analogy.
        Originally Posted by IanBallard
        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
        X