guitar pickup and wiring advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guitar pickup and wiring advice

Hi, I have a guitar body and was hoping to fill it with some awsome electronics, I have a Seymour Duncan HB-108 detonater and was wondering what other pickups and wiring harness would work for it. It has 3 pick up slots one for a single coil one for humbucker and one that appears to be in in-between. I was also wondering if anyone has tips on wiring harness or pots or toggle switches
    THanks

Re: guitar pickup and wiring advice

It depends on what you want!
    What wood is the guitar made off? Is it a Strat type or a Tele type or a les Paul type or something else? What sort of music do you play? Use the Tone Wizard to find suggestions on what pickups you should use. As for the wiring harness, GFS has Strat and Tele harnesses for relatively low prices.

Comment

I've never used a harness before, but if you want to learn how to solder then I would definitely buy some cloth wire, pots, and tone caps and start going crazy! All you need is a 40 watt Radio Shack soldering iron and some rosin core solder. It's a good time will take you mind off other things.

Comment

Its tele wood and any recomendations on wiring diagrams? I play a lot of hard rock so whatever works best ^.^ thanks for the replies!

Comment

Based on what you've said, going for a Bridge and Neck Humbucker, why not try out a Custom Custom or a Custom 5 in the Bridge and an Alnico II Pro or a '59 in the neck? You can wire them up for coil splits or series/parallel for more versatility. Or if you want to go HSS, you can have a Custom Custom or Custom 5 in the bridge, and Hot Rails in the middle and neck positions.

Knowing the fretboard wood would help too.

Comment

All i have is a body THis is my first guitar tinkering with expierence so some
            thing simple and as long as it will work

Comment

Working...
            X