Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slash pickups set installation

Hi friends!
    I have just discovered this large forum searching info about the Slash pickups set.
    My guitar got them installed in my local dealer, but I suspect the bridge pickup is not properly installed, as it has the "cream" part next to the bridge and the black part (which has the screws) in the "neck side".
    I'll try to post a photo.
    Thanks a lot for your answers and hace a nice day!

Re: Slash pickups set installation

The screw coils on the bridge pickup should face the bridge. Tonaly speaking it will make very little diff.
    sigpic
    Ibanez SA 120- Bridge JB Trembucker Neck Jazz
    JFG Flying V,
    "If you hear something you're unable to play, then you have room to grow."-Al Di Meola
    John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Comment

I just did this myself, (installed a Slash set for a customer). I too was confused. But if you read the Slash AII Pro blurb, on the Duncan website, you'll see that Slash indeed, used a zebra and a reverse zebra. And they should be installed like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	001_slash_fergs.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	228.9 KB
ID:	5771687

Available Mods

Available in black, zebra, or reverse zebra. The infamous Slash recording guitar has a reverse zebra pickup in the bridge position and a zebra pickup in the neck position. This pickup is available individually or in the zebra/reverse zebra set.
      Last edited by ArtieToo; 08-10-2013, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Thank you guys. That's what I thought after watching some videos on the Youtube.
        So... A new visit to my shop is required.
        I think i can feel a slightly upper volume in the neck pickup, compared to the bridge.

Now.... Let's practice!

Comment

Working...
        X