This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct Wiring for Older Vintage Rails pickup

I recently purchased an 'old' Vintage rails pickup online and I want to be sure of the correct wiring.

The pickup is a 2 conductor rails pickup a white and red conductor with a bare 'ground' wire.

I can't find any information online regarding wiring this type of rails pickup.

The pickup has the red and bare wire soldered together. Am I correct in assuming this pair (red + bare) should go to the volume pot with the white conductor to the switch?

Also the seller didn't know if it was a bridge or middle/neck pickup. I was really after a pickup for the neck or middle but after hooking it up to my digital meter it's showing an impedance of around 3 K Ohms, so I suspect it's a bridge pickup. Would using this in the neck position give decent results?

I've a push pull tone pot on the guitar I'm planning to use this pickup with. Can it be wired in any way to the push pull?

Thanks, hoping someone on the forum can help.

Re: Correct Wiring for Older Vintage Rails pickup

Now that the forum search is working again I found what I was after. See thread 'Help! Old Cool Rails 2 wire'.

White - Hot
    Red - Split
    Bare - Ground

Just have to get it working now, as after initial install it's not making any noise though other pickups are :-(

Comment

Working...
    X