banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thank you Seymour, Thank you Marciela. Whole lotta content.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thank you Seymour, Thank you Marciela. Whole lotta content.

I have a set on order, uncovered because that is how I like the 59's, and these should be in the same ballpark. This time Seymour cost me the price of the pickups and another Les Paul to put them in. At some point, I have to admit I have a problem and try to quit...

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
      Would you say there is enough diff tween these and a PG set that I would be worth having one with PGs and one with WLH set?
      yep they are very different to pearlies.
      "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Listened to your clips on my break. Nice chops!! You go boyee!!

Def a chewy tone that I love. would really put me over the edge to hear them thru something with more of a marshally vibe.
        i sold my marshall last year (to fund another fender amp!). I can use some dirt pedals i guess, but it wont be the same. I reckon these pickups would be perfect for marshalls tho seeing as thhats what they are designed for.
        "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
        Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Do you guys think this pickup set would work well in a Gibson SG Standard?

Comment

hell yes.
            Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Thank you for the sound clips, nice playing and tones. But now I have a problem I didn't have before I heard them. I now need to sell my Seth Lovers because I need to buy a set of the Whole Lotta's because I can't help but think that my guitar will sound much better with the new pickups. I thank you, but my wife REALLY thanks you!

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
                yep they are very different to pearlies.
                Dont mean to nag you, but how would you say they differ from Pearly gates?

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
                i sold my marshall last year (to fund another fender amp!). I can use some dirt pedals i guess, but it wont be the same. I reckon these pickups would be perfect for marshalls tho seeing as thhats what they are designed for.
                If you could do a dirty clip, that would be awesome! Even if its with a pedal, would still give an idea how they respond. I push my jcm 800 and QR with a TS for leads anyhow. Thanks again!
                Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I installed these in my Les Paul last weekend. I've always wanted to like Les Pauls, and have owned 5 over the years, but I've never found THE sound I've been looking for from one, until the Whole Lotta Humbucker set. Man oh man, do these things sound fantastic...

They do have more mids than the 59 set, and have a slightly more aggressive feel to them. The Neck, even though its wound hot for a PAF, is not muddy at all, and it does not have the 59n's boomy low end. The bridge is crunchy with a bit of grit the 59 does not have. I've always thought the 59b was a little too tame, but then when I stepped up to the Custom, or Custom5 I felt like I had gone a little overboard. The highs are fat yet bright, not brittle like the 59 can get as you move up the fretboard. The neck/bridge combo in the middle position is also one of the most useable tones I have ever found between two humbuckers.

The set seems perfectly balanced for a Les Paul. This is the Les Paul sound I have had in my head since I was young, listening to early Clapton, Led Zeppelin, Peter Frampton, Randy Rhoads, and Boston. I can't put that guitar down now, and I bet I had not played a Les paul twice in the last 5 years.

Playing them through a Marshall JVM401c and a Marshall TSL 601c.
                  Last edited by Mr. B; 09-04-2013, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Dont mean to nag you, but how would you say they differ from Pearly gates?
                    I've got a WLH set in a PRS Korina SE, and a PG set in an SG Standard. I've just been swapping between the two with no change of amp settings, and would say that the WLH set has more output, has more bite and is a little brighter. Overall, the WLH set feels like a rather beefier pickup and a good bit more aggressive. Some of that may be down to the guitars themselves, but they are not so very different from each other on a materials, scale, and construction perspective. Right now I much prefer the way the WLH set works. I would say though that I'm still getting to grips with the SG's position offset.

I should also say that I was just comparing bridge pups at this point.
                    Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

Working...
                    X