Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blackout module + passive switch + EMG afterburner + non-rwrp middle pickup

Guys,

a customer of mine had a nice idea. he has an Ibanez RG550 and has a set of EVO's at this moment. he wants the following

blackout preamp module
    emg afterburner

(so far, so good).

a passive switch (4 pole switch to rout the humbucker signals to the module or to the passive switch).
    a non-rwrp middle singlecoil.

the juicy parts are:

1: that it's a fender texas special in the middle and two dimarzio's.
    2: he wants ONE 5 position (4 pole superswitch?) as the pickup selector, for the passive and active mode.
    3: the afterburner to work in all positions, active and passive.
    4: a regular tone pot.

the f*cked up part is that it envolves a PICKGUARD. I hate pickguards. It's so hard to tweak wiring with a Pickguard.

anybody got suggestions?

Also, can I run the module and the afterburner on the same 9v battery or should I rather use two 9v packs?

Re: blackout module + passive switch + EMG afterburner + non-rwrp middle pickup

whoops I made a little mistake. I need an 8 pole in stead of a 4 pole to rout the humbuckersignals from passive to active and vice versa.

Comment

I messed around trying to make a active passive switch with the BMP-1 and gave up on the idea. He wont do all that with just 1 4 pole superswitch. Even just running 3 pickups through the BMP-1 is problematic especially 2 conductor. You might get away with running the BMP-1 after the switch but its still far from perfect when wanting to swap from active to passive. I havent heard of anyone yet thats been successful at it I know the guys over at 7string.org tried harder than hell to do it.
      "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
      you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

the superpole switch is just to select pickups. I'd have another switch installed to switch from passive to active. only the humbuckers would go active, the middle just passive. But since I'd be needing a HUGE 8 pole switch or a whole lot of relais I decided to not do it. it's not practical and only prone to failure. Rather, he'd just bring a second guitar. that's cheaper in the long run cause of all the hours of work I'd have to put in it (sorry I don't work for free anymore I simply don't have the time to work 'pro deo').

Comment

Working...
        X