banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for info on Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster Circuit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Looking for info on Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster Circuit.

Ya, he did. It's quite hot where I live so he gets chopped twice a year, he's a Himalayan, thanks for asking. Always nice to have a new kitten, hours of entertainment and cuddles if you're lucky. Enjoy.

I like my setup, I running BG V60's in the neck and middle and a BG Phatty in the bridge. I've had the vintage rails, not quite warm enough for me, or so my ears told me but it's a pretty subjective thing pickups. Just looking for some fun with a booster and would rather have it on board.

Cheers,
    Johnny

Comment

Cool, I have & use the Pickup Booster pedal & it is great fairly non-colored boost - compares with boutique stuff that costs multiple time more. It really adds juice & complexity to the tone.
      I'm very curious how your installation of the onboard version goes & what you think.
      Edit, I just reread the link & it says the switch is a bypass switch.
      Last edited by 9fingers; 08-17-2013, 09:25 AM.

Comment

First a bit of history here. Back in the '90s, my contact at Jackson Guitars asked us to design an on-board boost circuit, which we did. We called it the GEQ-1 Firestorm. It was only available OEM and Jackson installed it on a guitar called the Dinky Firestorm. Because the PCB was manufactured off-shore, we called it a Duncan Designed product. A little while later, the same guy at Jackson asked us to put the same circuit into a stompbox which they wanted to include in a "Christmas Pack." We did all the design and development work, but in the end, our price to them would've been too expensive for their Pack. But since we had already done all the work, we decided to release it as a Seymour Duncan stomp box. Unlike the Firestorm, we added variable boost from 6 to 25dB and we added the Resonance Switch. Of course, that's what became the SFX-01 Pickup Booster.

AFAIK, unfortunately, the GEQ-1 Firestorm is not available for after-market sale.

Originally posted by John Cambo View Post
        I think the switch is an on/off switch but not 100% sure.
        That is true.
        Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
        Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Thanks for the info Evan. Do you happen to know which of the 3 position switch settings (of the pedal) the onboard model linked above is set at?

Comment

The GEQ-1 Firestorm doesn't have a Resonance Switch. So that's basically the middle position of the 3-way slider switch on the SFX-01 Pickup Booster, in which the Resonance Switch isn't engaged.
            Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
            Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan Skopp View Post
              The GEQ-1 Firestorm doesn't have a Resonance Switch. So that's basically the middle position of the 3-way slider switch on the SFX-01 Pickup Booster, in which the Resonance Switch isn't engaged.
              Can I assume that this is also the case with the Duncan onboard unit from guitarelectronics.com? Thanks!

Comment

^ . . . and I wonder how hard it would be to add. The resonance switch is a nice function.

Comment

Originally posted by 9fingers View Post
                  Can I assume that this is also the case with the Duncan onboard unit from guitarelectronics.com? Thanks!
                  Ya, that's what he means.

Comment

Working...
                  X