banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

replacement baseplate for Duncan trembucker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacement baseplate for Duncan trembucker?

Does Duncan customer support sell replacement baseplates for their trembuckers? I have an early Duncan Screamin' Demon TB-12 that I just picked up and the center screw hole on one of the pickup legs is stripped just enough for the screw to not grab.

I know I can use a nut on the bottom of the pickup leg, but I'd like to replace the whole baseplate if possible.
    "I shall allow this GAS bubble to pass, a mere fart in time." - Aceman

Re: replacement baseplate for Duncan trembucker?

Probably not, but it would never hurt to ask. Or what you also do is get the right sized nut and solder it to that leg post to give you something to use to screw in to.

Sent from my armored battle station using Tapatalk

Comment

Use a tap and die set and retread the hole and buy a larger diameter screw.

Comment

Originally posted by darthphineas View Post
        Probably not, but it would never hurt to ask. Or what you also do is get the right sized nut and solder it to that leg post to give you something to use to screw in to.

Sent from my armored battle station using Tapatalk
        This is what I do. Works very well, and it the strongest option. Drilling it out further doesn't leave much material to hold a thread.
        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
        ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
        Originally posted by Securb
        The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

Or you can go to MojoTone and buy a replacement http://www.mojotone.com/guitar-parts...ker-Parts-List.

Comment

Originally posted by idsnowdog View Post
            Or you can go to MojoTone and buy a replacement http://www.mojotone.com/guitar-parts...ker-Parts-List.
            I'd say, email duncan's support, and they can get a factory original out.
            Originally posted by crusty philtrum
            ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
            Originally posted by Securb
            The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

Trevorus-
              I bought it used, so I don't know if they'll do that, but it's worth a call!

idsnowdog-- are the 53 mm baseplates a direct fit for a duncan trembucker, or will some adjustment be necessary?
              Last edited by appar111; 08-16-2013, 09:09 PM.
              "I shall allow this GAS bubble to pass, a mere fart in time." - Aceman

Comment

Originally posted by appar111 View Post
                Trevorus-
                I bought it used, so I don't know if they'll do that, but it's worth a call!

idsnowdog-- are the 53 mm baseplates a direct fit for a duncan trembucker, or will some adjustment be necessary?
                The Trembucker is a Duncan proprietary format. I don't think a normal 52mm baseplate would properly fit the TB bobbins, but I don't have any TB to try on ATM.

Your best bet is to enlarge a little bit both holes and supergue a nut with the right thread. Cheap and nasty, but an effective solution nonetheless.

HTH,
                Last edited by LtKojak; 08-17-2013, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Put the leg on a metal surface and hit the screwhole with a punch.

It will close it enough to work in 99% of the cases and takes 5 seconds.

Comment

This is what I would do, I may be wrong and do correct me if I am. I would fill the screw hole a tiny bit with Epoxy. and then tap it.
                    sigpic
                    Ibanez SA 120- Bridge JB Trembucker Neck Jazz
                    JFG Flying V,
                    "If you hear something you're unable to play, then you have room to grow."-Al Di Meola
                    John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Comment

Zaqwert6, that is a great idea! Essentially peening the metal in towards the hole making it a bit smaller. Not sure why I had never thought of it before.
                      Where Words Fail, Music Speaks
                      If a positive attitude is a Magnet for positive results, what type positive attitude sounds best, A2, A5, UOA5, A8, C8, or?

Comment

No prob, good luck. It doesn't take much.

Comment

Working...
                        X