My SD equipped guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My SD equipped guitars

I've been using Duncans for decades. I love them and while I haven't replaced all the pickups in all my guitars, I have several that are going to get new SDs in the next couple of years.

This first one is my oldest and first SD: A 1977 Ibanez Artist 2617 I bought new. I traded a Fender Tele for it. I wish I would have kept the Tele but at the time it was impractical in front of a Marshall stack and couldn't afford both. I replaced both pups in the Artist: Neck is a Dimarzio Super Distortion, bridge Seymour Duncan Invader, both with coil taps. I can't quite remember when I did this but it was close to 30 years ago. They neither one have ever failed me and still sound great. Electronics are all the original Ibanez parts, except for the coil tap switches.

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3102.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	180.1 KB
ID:	5830118

This next one started out as an Ibanez Strat copy in white. I replaced the neck with a Warmoth, refinished it myself (complete accident how it looks but I love it), and installed SD Hot Stacks in neck and middle, Hot Rails in the bridge with a stock 5-way switch in a black perloid pick guard.

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3099.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	187.9 KB
ID:	5830119

This one might make some cry but it works for me and that's all that counts
    It's an off brand Tele copy I paid $160 for at college fund raiser. First thing I did was order SD Five-Two's and new guts (Yes that cost me more than the price of the guitar). I love playing it. Eventually I will probably get a real Tele but this one sounds great with the SD's. No photo at this time.

Just thought I would throw my 2 cents worth in...

Re: My SD equipped guitars

That Ibanez artist is sweet man

Comment

Working...
    X