Invader "Hookup Wire" Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invader "Hookup Wire" Size

I keep breaking the TINY wires on the Invader pickup and need the wire size so I can buy the proper snips and stripper.

Re: Invader "Hookup Wire" Size

Go around the perimeter of the wire with a razor blade to cut the insulation and then slide it off.

Comment

I always just used the soldering iron to melt it and pull it off... but to answer the question is 24g
      "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
      you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Actually if it's 4 conductor wire ,It's 28 gauge wire

Comment

Originally posted by idsnowdog View Post
          Go around the perimeter of the wire with a razor blade to cut the insulation and then slide it off.
          this is what i do with all pickup hook-up wires; i've become pretty good at using a pair of cutters to pull the insulation off without breaking or severing any of the actual strands inside, but i don't take the risk with pickups.

Comment

4 wires and a ground wire, 5 altogether. And Ive tried razor blades. Besides always losing a couple strands Ive cut my thumb doing that. And regular wire cutters have been cutting right thru. wires this thin, they need a precision tool. theyre too fragile and so is my thumb. Thanx for replying, all.

Comment

Originally posted by Edgecrusher View Post
              I always just used the soldering iron to melt it and pull it off... but to answer the question is 24g
              I do the same. Just too much work to cut it. Besides, I have steel wool right there to clean the iron, it really doesn't matter.
              Current Gear:
              LTD MH-400 (Gotoh GE1996T bridge; Black Winters)
              LTD EC-1000T/CTM (BKP Ragnaroks)
              Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
              Duncan 805 OD
              Jet City JCA100HDM
              Jet City JCA100LTD
              Mesa Dual Rectifier
              Jet City American Custom Modern 2x12
              Suhr Reactive Load

Comment

Working...
              X