Pearly gates??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pearly gates??

Anyone here with any experience with these pickups? How would they sound in the bridge of a Les Paul?

I was looking for warmth so i'm not sure if these will deliver.. I've heard they're too trebly, is that true?

Re: Pearly gates??

If you have ever herd ZZ Top thats what these sound like.Thay are a copy of the pickups in Billy Gibbons '59 Les Paul.And yes thay do sound kinda bright but thats the tone that ZZ top has.So if you are lookin' for warmth I would say the SH-55 Seth Lover pickup's or the 59's would be pretty good.

Comment

Listen to Godsmack. The guitarist uses a Les Paul with a Pearly Gates in the bridge.
      Guitars:
      Epiphone Gothic Les Paul Studio
      Epiphone Silverburst Les Paul Custom
      Schecter C7 Hellraiser

Amplification:
      Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier

Pickups:
      Seymour Duncan Distortions and EMG 707s

Comment

Originally posted by pooo
        Anyone here with any experience with these pickups? How would they sound in the bridge of a Les Paul?

I was looking for warmth so i'm not sure if these will deliver.. I've heard they're too trebly, is that true?
        I think that if you are going for a warm tone the 59's won't be a good option too. I have had one 59' (neck) on the bridge of a Guild S-100 and it was a bright pickup. I know it wasn't the bridge model but i think the experience was good enought to know how the bridge model would have sound.

If you are looking for a warm bridge tone you should look for a "traditional" alnico II humbucker. That is Seth's lovers or Alnico pro for a vintage output or a Custom Custom if you want a higher output.

Comment

Working...
        X