Looking to replace Lil Demon in HSH set up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to replace Lil Demon in HSH set up

I'm looking into replacing the lil demon in the middle position on my super strat. Now I like the demon but for what I want I think I would be happier with a single in the middle. I run a C8 and PGn with UOA5 and am contemplating putting a SSl-2 vintage flat OR a SSL-4 quarter pounder with a coil tap.

I know with the SSL-2 their will be a vol difference between the two buckers but I want the chime and clarity and dynamics of a single and I think the QP might be a bit to dark and compressed. Plus i'm not that worried because once I put the zephyrs in the output should be pretty balanced.

One of my concerns is that I use 500k Vol and tone pots and wonder if that will make the SSl2 to bright but I can always roll back the tone.
    Last edited by Rockstar216; 08-25-2013, 02:20 PM.
    Originally posted by KBliss
    WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Make sure you spend more time playing than you do on this forum. That's our sickness.
    Originally posted by trevorus
    The revolutionaries become the bureaucrats the day after the revolution is over...

Re: Looking to replace Lil Demon in HSH set up

I'm looking at four models.

SSL-2 Vintage Flat
    SSL-4 Quarter-Pound Flat
    SSL-6 Custom Flat
    APST-1Twang Banger
    WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Make sure you spend more time playing than you do on this forum. That's our sickness.
    The revolutionaries become the bureaucrats the day after the revolution is over...

Comment

I would go with a Vintage rail myself

Comment

I looked at the rails but people say they fall short of a real single.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockstar216 View Post
          I looked at the rails but people say they fall short of a real single.
          "People" say many things. I think it's worth trying given the rest of the setup

Comment

Working...
          X