SD Vintage Stack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD Vintage Stack?

Hi all! I just picked up a used guitar and it had one of these pickups in it. I'm looking for some more info about it and there doesn't seem to be a lot about them.

So far I've found that it's probably an SD Vintage Stack, looks like the one Brent Mason uses as a middle pickup in his Telecaster. Any information on this would be great, just don't know anything about them. Thanks!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Strat1; 08-26-2013, 03:10 PM.

Re: SD Vintage Stack?

Anyone?

Comment

i would assume that is an old vintage stack

Comment

I opened it up today and here's what I found. There's no information about them, I am surprised.
        Attached Files

Comment

so its a hot stack bridge

Comment

I have a hot stack from 1990 and it has a single ceramic bar, what version is this?

Comment

Can't seem to find out anything about it. I would think this would be the place to get the right information but nobody seems to know.
              Last edited by Strat1; 08-30-2013, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Do you now the year this would have been made?

Comment

didn't jeremy answer the question in post #5?

Comment

Is there something that might look like a date imprinted on the bobbin? Your pic is not clear enough to see anything like that. I'm got some SSL's/APS's like that.

Comment

Originally posted by esandes View Post
                      didn't jeremy answer the question in post #5?
                      I am not seeing that, maybe I'm missing something. No need for the condescending tone, thanks for your input.

Comment

Originally posted by LReese View Post
                        Is there something that might look like a date imprinted on the bobbin? Your pic is not clear enough to see anything like that. I'm got some SSL's/APS's like that.
                        Didn't see a date anywhere on them, that's why I inquired. Just thought the style of this cover and marking would indicate a possible date range it came from. I am very new to the SD pickups and the boutique pickup world, i've played stock ones for last 30 years aside from a few Fender Custom Shops. I thought the folks around here would have the experience and information to share but so far just fishing for information. Lots of SD educated people here with the knowledge base I don't have so just asking.

Comment

its old. 80's but i couldnt tell ya any closer than that

Comment

^^ Yeah, it's an 80s STK-S2. The sticker with the stamped model number and initial of winder is typical of the period. The 2B is the model number and A is the winder initial. I haven't seen one hyphenated thus before but that's probably just me.

They sometimes came with embossed covers in the past, though you mostly see them these days with the bar showing on top.
                            Originally posted by dominus
                            Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashurbanipal View Post
                              ^^ Yeah, it's an 80s STK-S2. The sticker with the stamped model number and initial of winder is typical of the period. The 2B is the model number and A is the winder initial. I haven't seen one hyphenated thus before but that's probably just me.

They sometimes came with embossed covers in the past, though you mostly see them these days with the bar showing on top.
                              That's great, thanks for the infoAshurbanipal, very much appreciated! I do like the way it sounds, I'm thinking it's not wired up properly though. Is this a pickup that can be split?

Comment

Working...
                              X