SSL-1 but with a common stagger instead of traditional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSL-1 but with a common stagger instead of traditional

Would this be a shop floor custom or would I have to go to the CS to get one?
    Originally posted by KBliss
    WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Make sure you spend more time playing than you do on this forum. That's our sickness.
    Originally posted by trevorus
    The revolutionaries become the bureaucrats the day after the revolution is over...

Re: SSL-1 but with a common stagger instead of traditional

Common stagger? - not sure what you mean

There's the SSL-2 Flat

Comment

Do you mean a flat?

Comment

No I mean they still have a stagger but B string pole piece is around the same height as the A string pole piece. Still staggered but not flat.
        WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Make sure you spend more time playing than you do on this forum. That's our sickness.
        The revolutionaries become the bureaucrats the day after the revolution is over...

Comment

I think the Stack Plus has that stagger as well as the Livewire Classic II singles (I do have that set - Its got that stagger). I'd think something like that would be custom shop.

Just a thought... Maybe some lefthanded pickups? The A magnet would be slightly low in that case, but I just don't think it would matter.

Comment

I ask because I've seen this stagger on pups in lower quality strats. I would go with a STK plus 4 BUT from what I've read they don't have the same dynamics as the SSL-1/2 and thats what I really want are those dynamics so Stacks are out the question.

Comment

You want a modern stagger designed for unwound g-string then.

Comment

Originally posted by idsnowdog View Post
                You want a modern stagger designed for unwound g-string then.
                Yes thats exactly it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockstar216 View Post
                  I ask because I've seen this stagger on pups in lower quality strats. I would go with a STK plus 4 BUT from what I've read they don't have the same dynamics as the SSL-1/2 and thats what I really want are those dynamics so Stacks are out the question.
                  Don't knock the Stacks without trying them. I have them in a Strat (neck / middle) with a Hot Stack Plus in the bridge. They are very dynamic. The way I get more chime out of them is using a 500k volume. It works great. No, they aren't too bright that way. The neck tone is great.

Comment

I like brightness so I don't mind running them with 500k pots plus I have a HSH set up so I need the the 500k pots and can always turn my tone knob down if needed.
                    I remember seeing a post where Kojack said the stacks don't respond and behave like true singles yes they sound like true vintage singles but don't have the same feel. Thats the only thing thats puts me off from the stacks but since I've never tried the stacks or the SSL-1/2 I'm not sure how big the difference would be.

Comment

Everybody feels a little different about them. If you're a true 100% vintage guy and just gotta have it 100%, then the stacks aren't for you. It's 2013, technology has advanced. I like my singles to be quiet. I'm ok with sacrificing a little bit to get that. Besides, in a full band setting, you aren't going to notice that small percentage missing, IMO.

Comment

I understand the Stacks can be run on 1 of the 2 coils and they should match a equivalent single model closely - so they don't have to be run as a humbucking single sized pickup.

Comment

Originally posted by LReese View Post
                          I understand the Stacks can be run on 1 of the 2 coils and they should match a equivalent single model closely - so they don't have to be run as a humbucking single sized pickup.
                          I've read that they could be wired to be split or run parallel and you could have both options of having a no noise single and a true single. I might just have to take advantage of the return policy and try them.

Comment

Working...
                          X