ibanez artcore af75

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ibanez artcore af75

hi all just brought an ibanez af75 hollow body any recomendations for different pickups. i normally like a clean sound but open to suggestions any help would be great. harrison5

Re: ibanez artcore af75

The classic answer for any kind of semi hollow is a pair of 59's

Of course, Seths might be a more classy approach. I've never played any but their reputation preceeds them.

Any of the classic Duncan PAF's might be good or any/ combo:

59's - classic classic-ness
    PG's - A little sweeter, a little ruder at the same time sthan 59's
    A2P's - If you think fat is where it is at...

PGn/59b - bright neck, bright bridge with tight bass
    A2Pn / PGb - fattest-darkest neck, brightest bridge
    PGn/A2Pb - balance out the neck dark and the bridge bright
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Any set of good PAF's is great in a hollow body.
      "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
      "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
      "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

What kind of clean sound? Can you give us some examples of player's tones that you like? What style of music do you play? What is your amp? What is it about the Ibanez' sound that you'd like more or less of?
        "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
        Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

thanks to you all for the replys. i mostly play a stratocaster shadows type music not cloning that sound just a guide. but with the ibanez looking to change the sound a bit i dont want to go really dirty just add a bit of bite to the sound a bit more gritty if that makes sense. i love the ibanez but think the sound is a bit weak. i use am useing a fender excelsior amp with the legend speaker fitted and upgraded valves. also a vox pathfinder 15r.
          but have used vox ac15 simlar amps in the past. but the excelsior is turning into a nice amp with the speaker and valve upgrades also done the bright switch mod as well. harrison5
          Last edited by harrison5; 08-29-2013, 01:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X