banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An observation about SD pickups webpages.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An observation about SD pickups webpages.

This isn't a "rant", or anything like that, but simply an observation, and a question, about how Seymour Duncan structures their pickup web pages.

Each pickup seems to have two web pages. Lets use the STK-S9b as an example.

There's this one, the "overview".
    And there's this one, the specs.

Why wouldn't you just combine those two together? I always find it odd that when I research a pup, the basic specs aren't included on the page.

Just seems odd.

Re: An observation about SD pickups webpages.

yeah they should be merged and then the single product description+spec page should be linked to from the tone chart.

It's annoying how the description page links you to the tone chart, but the tone chart doesn't link back to the description page.

Comment

aye, i've bumped into that a few times. combining the 2 is the right way to go, but will mess up the current structure, so could be a bit of work. just making both pages reference each other would make things a load easier though. the details only lets you go "back" to the tone chart thingy. also, the links to said tone chart should take you straight to the part for that pup which led you there. it's a big old page so the pup you're after doesn't jump out at you.

Comment

FYI, I know for a fact that the SD Marketing Team is hard at work coming up with a major web surprise.
        Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
        Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

REDESIGN???

Comment

Originally posted by Evan Skopp View Post
            FYI, I know for a fact that the SD Marketing Team is hard at work coming up with a major web surprise.
            Well, don't do anything special just on my account.

Comment

hey, Artie ... it's a great observation. I'm sure the simple answer is that not that long ago, web design lent itself to much simpler pages. Now it's possible to add 'tabs' with additional info. I know from experience that sometimes web sites grow like a weed patch, so updating,editing, and consolidating become a chore.

my other observation along the same lines is that when you do link to the tone chart, you get the WHOLE chart, not just the part that applies to the pickup you link from. Like you though, I'm not ranting, just making the observation.
              "music heals"
              facebook

Comment

No, no major webdesign. Seymour Duncan is selling off parts of the company. One part goes to kinman, another to EMG and the rest is usurped by Dimarzio.

Sorry, had to be a bit annoying Just pulling legs

Comment

Originally posted by CTN View Post
                  REDESIGN???
                  yes.......shhhhhhhhhhhhh
                  Scott Miller
                  New Products/Technical Guy/Something Something
                  Seymour Duncan

Comment

Yeah, it's a bit redundant. There are many exciting things going on right now that we are looking forward to sharing with you all. We're always open to your feedback.

Orpheo's gone crazy.

Comment

Cathy Duncan told me almost a year and a half ago there were some work going on with the online presence. Things that would address the pickup-selector tool and the tone chart and sound samples. It's good to hear focus on the website is still there and the wheels haven't fallen off.

Sent from my armored space station using Tapatalk on iPad

Comment

Well before you go changin' everything, here is a plug for my blog about the SD website.
                        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                          Well, don't do anything special just on my account.
                          Sure they don't, master.
                          My blog: http://hermeticoguitar.blogspot.com
                          My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/hermeticoguitar

Comment

Originally posted by Evan Skopp View Post
                            Awesome, can't wait!

A suggestion, though. How about a "Pickup Builder" page similar to the "Build Your DDM4" page that Daniel Defense has for their ARs. Which is basically a page where you can swap out components to your heart's content until you have the end product you want and can then place an order for it and have it sent to a dealer.
                            Last edited by Gone_Shootin; 08-31-2013, 07:03 AM.
                            Wanted: 1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Serial Number 82232531.

Comment

Originally posted by Gone_Shootin View Post
                              Awesome, can't wait!

A suggestion, though. How about a "Pickup Builder" page similar to the "Build Your DDM4" page that Daniel Defense has for their ARs. Which is basically a page where you can swap out components to your heart's content until you have the end product you want and can then place an order for it and have it sent to a dealer.
                              Isn't that what Scott said they're doing for the Custom Shop site?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4
                              Nope...

Comment

Working...
                              X