banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

serie/bypass + parallel/bypass using 2 dpdt on/on help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• serie/bypass + parallel/bypass using 2 dpdt on/on help...

Hi All,

Planning to mod a strat with 4 (2 wires) humbucker's. I would need some help to wire one of the HB. 3 of the HB will be wired (almost) normally on the 5way of the strat, i have now to find a way to add the 4th HB to the circuit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	62324517d2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	5830191

So let's say the 1st hot wire we have comes out of the 5way swith, the 2nd hot wire comes from the extra pickup i'd like to add (here, the bridge PU). What i want to achieve is to use one of the on/on dpdt switch to be serial/bypass and the second would be parallel/bypass. So this means, i can use only what comes out of the 5way selector (both dpdt used in bypass position) or add the extra HB in serie OR in parallel to what's going out of the 5way and ending in the volume pot.

I can't seem to find what would make it work. Can anyone help me setting this up? Thank you !

Re: serie/bypass + parallel/bypass using 2 dpdt on/on help...

This should do it, but let me study my own diagram tonight just to be sure. I'll post back later this evening if all looks well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	yauckt-b.png
Views:	1
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	5771823

Here's a link to the full-sized version: yauckt-b.png

Comment

Yes, it looks like it's what i want.

Are the green lines on the diagram "real" wires i have to connect between lugs?

Thanks ArtieToo, it's not the first time you help me with my twisted wiring needs, it's much much much appreciated

Comment

The green lines are the switch contacts. (They're already there.)

Comment

Working...
        X