Check out this ad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Check out this ad.

Yeah they copied it verbatim, at least as far as the text. And what's up with those tags:

Click image for larger version

Name:	tatoo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	5771902

Comment

With a name like "suntek" I'm guessing this most likely an Asian direct from the factory distributor? Being a long time Ibanez fan I'm pretty familiar with the brazen copyright infringement that goes on there even today.

Maybe they'll also do a headstock change and avoid any lawsuits?

Comment

I'm guessing that it loses something in translation.

Comment

The website has copyright dated 2001
          No specific phone numbers or address in the 'Contact Us' section.

Doesn't look like a legit place to make transactions.

EDIT: Oh they do have a phone number, HKT/GMT +8, so Honkong then lol
          Last edited by Hank-; 09-05-2013, 02:24 PM.

Comment

that's one sorry looking pickup.

Comment

So, what's the official legality of using all these SD copyrights?

Heard scary stories about them but they sure are cheap: $6.99 Schaller Strap lock copies http://www.suntekstore.com/goods-100...ic_guitar.html

Comment

I wrote them and asked them kindly to remove the descriptions. Of course, it's China so it's harder as an American company when people do this. We do have a lawyer there but I don't expect at this time to use him and waste a bunch of money for something that won't go anywhere. I think people know you get what you pay for, and these have to be made and sound horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Olson View Post
                  I wrote them and asked them kindly to remove the descriptions. Of course, it's China so it's harder as an American company when people do this. We do have a lawyer there but I don't expect at this time to use him and waste a bunch of money for something that won't go anywhere. I think people know you get what you pay for, and these have to be made and sound horrible.
                  yeah, good luck with China.

it's a shame, as there's some site over there selling copies of signature series guitars... they'd get a few big fat lawsuits in they were based in the states, but the complexities of dealing with an international business environment would just do little more than drain the bank accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by Hank- View Post
                    Doesn't look like a legit place to make transactions.
                    I can vouch for them being "legit", purely as far as delivering the products go. I've ordered several things from them and all have arrived as stated. I got a complete active bass wiring harness, complete with preamp, battery box, vol/blend/bass/treble pots, and output jack, all pre-wired for . . . $12.83, shipped!

Its a great place when you need something cheap.

Comment

I imagine they do deliver. Lots of cool electronics stuff there. Saw a real cheap wood humidity meter. Handy tool for you hardcore guitar DIY'ers. I tend to get all my electronic components from ebay Chinese sellers with no problems. Why pay a US middleman for the stuff that's made there anyway. 100 or more resistors cost about the same or less shipped as 5-10 from Radio Shack. More likely to be in stock too.

Comment

Working...
                      X