brobucker review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brobucker review

it has a fresh, un-aged alnico 5 magnet with no wax. 10.2 DCR. what a nice PAF. it's very clear and has a good output. even the wound strings sound cleaner than any other humbucker i've tried. it really translates the natural sound of the guitar well. great detail and articulation. it has a smart sense of attack. i couldn't ask for anything more.

compared with my dimazrio PAF pro (also with an alnico 5 and 8.4 DCR) the brobucker is clearer and a bit louder. chords and arpeggiated chords don't turn into a mush even with high gain. the brobucker really picks up the sound of the guitar much better. the lead tones are saucy and the clean sounds are just as nice to hear as the gain sounds.

the pickup is in my jazzmaster and is run through a single 1M volume pot. i have the humbucker under jazzmaster cover version. i thought the 1M would be too much but it's great.

nice job with the design.

Re: brobucker review

I wonder how much of what you're hearing is the 1M pot. That will definitely make a difference.

Comment

Re: brobucker review

"Clear" isn't the first word I'd use to describe it, although it is. Mine is in a maple-capped SG with an ebony fingerboard, so clarity is almost unavoidable. "Beefy" is the what I tend to think. That said, a 1M pot wouldn't be as ear-splitting as it often can be with other pickups.

Comment

Working...
      X